Chapter 17: A Morning Of Discussion

Caroline woke up to quiet snoring and a horrendous headache. She rubbed her head before freezing at the realization that there was something clinging to her side. She moved the blanket and was met with Alma's face resting on her chest.

She jumped and accidentally woke up Alma in the process. Alma moved her head in further toward the source of the warm. Caroline blushed a deep red at the fact that Alma didn't seem to care. Caroline moved again but Alma wouldn't move. So, she did the next thing her mind could think to do.

She moved Alma's head onto the pillow next to her and used her peculiarity to send her back to sleep before getting up.

Once she collected her clothes she changed and applied her makeup, she didn't want to take longer than needed encase Alma woke up again. Once she was done getting ready for the day, she looked at Alma, so peaceful even considering what they had done last night. Caroline could only remember pieces, but by God were the pieces she remembered good.

She decided to collect and fold Alma's clothing for her and place it at the end of the bed. She then debated with herself before walking over to Alma and placing a light, chaste kiss on her forehead. Caroline then placed the blanket around Alma's bare and sleeping form properly before closing the door behind her.

As she descended the stairs she could hear movement in the living room, Minerva. She was originally going to read in there and if she went upstairs to the library to do it then Minerva would hear the stairs and become suspicious and come and check, the last Caroline needed right now was human interaction.

Caroline decided to go into the kitchen and have a coffee instead, Lord knows she needed it. As she stepped around the kitchen, she noticed how bright it was outside the window. Once her coffee was brewed, she stood in front of the window and watched as two birds looked like they were dancing in mid-air.

She watched for more time than she originally planned. Soon, there were footsteps coming down the stairs but Caroline didn't notice. Alma stood in the doorway in different clothes and her makeup fixed. She watched Caroline for a few minutes before making up her mind.

She changed into her bird form and quietly flew over to Caroline before sitting on her shoulder. Caroline jumped slightly at the sudden contact. Once she realised it was Alma she smiled slightly before bringing her free hand up to the ymbryne and lightly stoking her head.

"Good morning, my dear." Alma just moved her head slightly in response. "Hm, you're rather quiet this morning." Alma didn't move and Caroline sighed. "You know, I would like to not have a conversation with myself." Alma cawed. "I don't care if you ache, I do as well."

Alma rubbed her head against Caroline's before hopping down onto the counter. Caroline turned around and watched as Alma changed into her human form, she was sat on the counter with her legs hanging off.

"And you call me a child in the mornings, silent treatment and then sitting on the counter. Really?" Alma sighed before gesturing with her hand for Caroline to step closer. Once she was stood between her legs Alma gestured for her to lean down, Caroline was cautious as she did so.

Alma gripped Caroline's face between her hands before smiling lazily and running her thumbs up and down her cheeks. Caroline was surprised but leaned in none the less. Alma smirked before leaning in and placing a quick kiss on Caroline's lips. Caroline looked at her with shock as Alma let out a quiet laugh at Caroline's blush.

"What did you do that for!?" Alma let out another sigh. "I don't know, I suppose it's because I know that our relationship won't be the same after last night. We can't exactly forget it." Caroline let out a quiet laugh. "I suppose, so, what are we going to do about it?" Alma shrugged before pulling Caroline closer to her. "I really don't know, what I do know is that I want to see where this goes."

Caroline raised an eyebrow at the ymbryne before placing a hand on her cheek and gliding her thumb over the surface. "I thought that you weren't ready." "No, I said I wasn't sure. But, by fuck, after last night... I've never been surer that I like you." Caroline laughed. "Was I that good?" "You were incredible."

Caroline smiled before leaning in to give Alma a kiss as well. "Well, I'd like to see where this goes as well. Now, will you get off the counter?" "Fine..." Caroline moved back to give Alma room to slide off the counter, not enough room apparently as Alma slid right into her arms. Both women laughed before Alma brought her arms around Caroline and pulled her flush against her chest.

Again, Caroline's height was a blessing sometimes.

Alma realised a little too late as she was now feeling a rather warm feeling, the things this woman could do to her with a little touch were extraordinary. Alma allowed a small groan to escape her and Caroline grinned.

"Something wrong dear?" "Oh, you little minx..." Alma kissed Caroline with a newly found strength. Caroline was a little taken a back at the pure force Alma was using, she wasn't completely aware of what she had done before it was too late.

Soon enough, Caroline was the one on the counter with Alma looming over her as a string of sylva connected them. "Caroline, the known murderer and excellent kisser." "Yeah, are we going to talk about the fact that you said that me being a murderer turned you on!?" "No, never."

Caroline let out a laugh before rubbing her forehead. "Honestly, you would never think I'm not the only morally wrong person in this house." "It was the power that you needed to do what you did that turned me on, not the murder." "So, I turned you on?" "We literally had sex; you have seen me naked."

Caroline rubbed her neck before looked at Alma with a dopey smile. "I'm just proud of myself." Alma looked at Caroline strangely for a few moments. "Proud?" Caroline leaned to Alma as if she was about to tell a secret. "Yes, wouldn't you be proud? I made the ever-perfect Alma Peregrine cum with nothing more than my hand and words." Alma blushed while covering Caroline's mouth with her hand.

"You are so lucky that the children didn't hear that." "The children may not have..." Caroline and Alma turned toward the door to meet the slightly disgusted face of Minerva Owl. "...But I certainly did." Caroline was the first to speak up. "How much did you hear?" Minerva sighed before thinking.

"Well, Alma came down and started talking to you. So, I decided to wait until you two were done speaking to come into the kitchen. I heard silence for a while so assumed it was okay to enter, but I was mistaken as instead of finding two women preparing food for their children, I find two women kissing like teenagers."

Both women rubbed at the back of their necks with nervous looks on their faces. Alma stayed silent. "Morning, Minnie." "I do not want to know. Caroline goes and get changed out of yesterday's clothes and Alma start with breakfast." Caroline looked at Alma and they both laughed quietly both responding in unison.

"Yes, Mrs Owl."