Chapter 6: A Traumatic Dream II

Alma looked at the red brick wall with fascination and curiousity. Eventually a small smile played at her lips as she let out a quiet laugh to herself. She really should not have expected anything less from Caroline, that woman could do anything she put her mind to. Even cheating death it seemed. She would have to ask Caroline how she did that once she figured out how to get out of here.

She lightly walked toward the wall and slowly held her hand out, sure enough her hand went right through the wall and into Selena Starling's loop. She looked around her vasinity to make sure she wasn't being followed, as she normally would when entering any loop.

As she stepped through a rather nice breeze caressed her skin and Alma's smile returned. She looked around at the village she was stood in, it was as if time was frozen for those moments she was stood in the alley. She stepped away from the wall and when she turned around to face the wall she could see Minerva grabbing onto Caroline's arm and pulling her through, she could only see the lower part of Caroline's arm.

Suddenly time had resumed and Alma could see several children crowding around to try and help pull her through. None of those children were from Caroline's old loop except for three children. Two of which Caroline carried and the third was the boy she had helped out in the attic a few minutes before they had left. The children grabbed onto her and pulled.

Alma watched as Caroline took in a large breath as soon as her head was inside the loop. She was able to pull herself in after that point. Alma watched as Caroline sat with her palms flat to the ground on either side of her while her legs were bent slightly at the knee. Caroline looked around at everyone infront of her.

She gave a small smile before lightly pressing her palm to her forehead. She let out a noise of discomfort before lowering her head and letting her legs fall flat. Something was wrong and Alma could tell. Caroline placed her hand to her head again and groaned, she removed her hand and Alma could see the blood on her hand.

She had obviously banged her head when she fell in that alley. How had she not noticed before?

Suddenly noise started raising around them. Questions were being flung at Caroline faster than she was able to process anything. Minerva stepped in between the children and Caroline. "children please, she has only just managed to survive. Give her space, please." The children looked at Caroline and then at Minerva's frustrated expression. They decided to back down, for now.

They scurried off without without another word, all except Daniel. He watched her with cautious eyes before stepping forward. Caroline watched him with curious eyes, the children never walked up to her without reason. Especially after hearing the reason as to why Caroline is so hated amongst ymbrynes.

He took a deep breath before holding out his hands and revealing a small kitten nestled quietly in his palms. It did not appear to be alive. Caroline looked down with surprise before smiling. "is that snowflake?" Daniel shuffled his feet before giving his quiet and shaky answer. "yes, I know you don't like us touching your things. I just found him in the attic and thought you might want him back."

Caroline silently got up and walked toward him. She held out her palm as Danial eyed it with caution. "may I?" Daniel started to shake as he gave her the little wooden sculpter. Caroline was slow in collecting it so she didn't scare Daniel. Why were they so afraid of her? Once Caroline had the sculpter Daniel moved away from her quickly.

Caroline examined the sculpter quietly. "thank you Daniel, it's nice to know that she is safe." the boy seemed nervous before he decided to ask his question. "why do you act like it's alive? Like, you gave it a name and even call it she." Caroline let out a sigh. "it was a gift from someone, even though they despise me I still care for them a little." Daniel was clearly curious now.