Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)

Start from the beginning

My clenched jaw did nothing good but hurt me even more as his fingers dug deeper into my flesh. I blinked out of my trance and pulled myself away from as his touch burnt me when my cell ringed.

He lifted his eyes away from my face to the phone that was on the table. I followed his vision and stilled as I looked at the caller id.

"Ashton," The words spew out from his mouth like acid kept under ice and pummeled into fire.

I instantly reached for my phone as an instinct but he beat me to it. He grabbed my phone with a lightening speed and flashed me an unamused smirk.

"I need to set something very straight to him and.. you." Mr. Bradford muttered while his eyes turned dark coal under the burner.

"No! You don't interfere in my bus—" Before I could stop him, he ignored my existence and accepted the call, putting in on speaker.

"Caitlyn!! Is what I'm hearing true?!" The over angry person sibilated from the other side while I just tried to snatch my phone back.

I gulped as I looked at the dangerous man in front of me, shooting glares at him.

"Ashton, you need to underst—"

"I'm not doing this bullshit. Tell me where the fuck are you? I came to your penthouse but you're not here. Tell me and I'll get you. We need to talk." Even though his words seemed a bit civilized, I knew he was nowhere near to it.

 "You're not in your senses, Ashton. Try to understand my fucking problem, I don't love you." I pressed over my words and looked into the grey irises with the promise of revenge.

"I don't give a damn. I am coming to your office and tell your dick of a blackmailer that I will not let him do whatever he wants." He shouted over the phone and I heard his car's engine roaring to life.

My lips twisted upwards into a small smile but that died when I became aware of the person in front of me. I picked up whatever I had in me and sighed.

"Ash, no one is blackmailing me. Yo—"

"You seriously need to stop calling my soon-to-be wife, Mr. Grey." 

Everything went silent as Mr. Bradford's  icy, abysmal, deep and resolute voice reverberated in the room. My hands became sweaty as I prayed for the goodness.

"You bastard! How dare yo—"

"I don't prefer foul language, Mr. Grey." His casual and collective character threw me off guard.

"I will make you pay, Theodo—" 

"You can't make me pay for marrying the woman who loves me." He chuckled, his words dripping with arrogance while he pierced his eyes into mine.

Love, my ass. I won't give a flying fuck to you.

I fisted my hands and glared at him with all the hatred that I had inside me. 

"She doesn't love you. I know you're forcing her."

"I would rather prefer thinking that you are highly mistaken. I don't  waste my words and time but I needed to say something clear... Don't ever call her again." His soulless voice chilled my bones and made me aware of the cold air swirling around us.

"You don't speak on her behalf. If she wants something, she can speak for herself." Ashton's firm voice warmed my heart but soon my heart fell into pool of hungry sharks.

"If that is what your thick headed mind wants, be it," He turned to me and forwarded the phone to me.

"Caitlyn, tell him that you do not want him to ever meet you again." It was an order but spoken in a nonchalant tone.

I snatched my phone, spitting fire from my ears had me nearly blinded. I was about to shout at him but shut myself.

"Ashton, what part of 'I don't want you.' do you fail to understand? Be clear and forget me." I yelled, losing my patience as I rubbed my forehead.

"Cait—"

"No. Enough. Just go and do your business. Don't ever call me again." I hissed and cut the phone as he tried to speak.

I breathed heavily by the end and submerged to the couch again, all strength to fight lost. I wanted everything to get over soon. I wanted my normal, busy daily life back. I wouldn't mind escaping to my office if it meant relief from the sinner in front of me.

I had decided what I wanted. I wanted relief from him. I did not want to see his face any next second.

"You want me to marry you, right?" I whispered, muttering up courage inside me while slowly and slowly courage died inside me.

"Yes,"

 "Tomorrow. Tomorrow in the afternoon." I muttered and sighed heavily before lifting my eyes to him.

"Okay." He agreed simply.

Now, it was confirmed. It was like a business deal for him. He had no interests in the marriage. He had deeper interest in the aftereffects of the marriage.

"I want you to sign up some papers for me." He suddenly spoke, not even once whisking his penetrating gaze away from my face.

I frowned but then laughed as I understood what he wanted.

"I'm not cheap like you probably think. I don't want your money." I relented my anger out in the form of boiled words bubbling inside me.

"What do you mean?" He spat as if he did not know head or tail about this.

"Oh, please," I scoffed, "Don't act indifferent in front of me. You want me to sign a prenuptial agreement right? Fine! Just give me and I will sign it." 

"Whatever the heck you got that idea from, I don't care. I want you to sign these papers, so do it." He picked up the file form beside him and threw it on my lap, making me grit my teeth.

I closed my eyes and opened the file, looking at each word with my wide eyes.

"Marriage papers?" The words merely slipped from my lips before he started speaking.

"Yes. We're marrying tomorrow for everyone but I want you to sign these papers today only. I prefer being cautious." 

I chuckled and went through each page. 

"Cautious?" I asked bitterly. 

He did not explain further but gave me his pen. I looked at his hand with hatred and snatched the pen, intentionally scratching his fingers with my nails.

Neither did he flinch nor did he yell. He just stared at me, wishing for the deal to be completed. My breathe stuck in my throat as I lifted the pen in my hand. It was a big decision and I was in danger.

You have to do it. For your brother and parents. 

Also, it would not be like this forever. I would find an escape soon.

I signed all the pages hastily and tried not to choke in front fo him. It was too much to take in. My hands shook as I signed the last piece of paper, signing away my freedom and bachelorhood.

"Good."

He took the paper and pen from me and sat down in front of me. He kept his right  leg on his left knees and too the pen. I watched silently as he signed one by one and kept the file aside.

"This is done. Now let's go to dress designer. She has already made the dress but she has to fit it to your size." He spoke and took my hand in his, standing up along with me.

"We're officially married now." He spoke after a second and stared at me.

"Papers are still not signed by court." I merely whispered, eyeing the file with uncertainty and something different inside me. 

"Money reduces the time limit. It will be done by tonight." He smirked and dragged me, like a lifeless doll, along with him.

Essentric person and his barbaric ways.

Vote and comment, please!