𝟐𝟕

[ Y/n ]

I can't stop now. I have this feeling. I know I'm so close. I'm about to connect all the right pieces. It's all going right.

I locked myself in the bathroom with the computer. I scrolled through the website taking notes of all the things that linked Trevor to each murder.

The killer is left handed, like Trevor.

The killer is precise, like Trevor.

The killer is cautious, like Trevor.

The killed is around 6 foot, like Trevor.

The killer has dark brown hair, like Trevor.

Trevor, the killer, Trevor, the killer.

He can't be doing this alone. Who does he know? Who would be able to do these things... Get away with something like this?

It's not easy to be a serial killer in a small town.

It must be someone from work. Trevor told me about some of the veterans he works with who have serious PTSD.

It could be one of them.

"Y/n!"

Fuck.

I unlocked the door throwing my computer onto the bed. It hit the comforter and Trevor opened the bedroom door.

"Hey, I got off early today. You wanna go out and do something?"

"No, I don't feel too well." I kept my distance from him.

Suddenly I was disgusted by the fact of who he was. Who was standing in front of me. A killer. Someone with a sick and twisted mind.

"Ok... A movie?"

I shook my head again.

Trevor stepped closer to me for a hug. I put a hand up to stop him.

"Trev... I really don't feel good..." He stopped, his hands falling to his sides.

"Ok... I'll make some soup."

Trevor left me alone in our room. I sat back on the bed, pressing my hand to my forehead. Fuck. I can't even be around him.

I grabbed my phone and slid it open. My fingers flew across the screen as I called Phoebe.

I locked myself in the bathroom and then went into the closet so he couldn't hear me.

"Hello?"

"Phoebe... Hey... Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"When you were growing up... Did Trevor ever seem suspicious? Did he... Seem... Like a... I don't know... A psychopath?"

There was a long pause.

"No. Never. He's the nicest person we know."

"Ok... Sorry to bother you... Are you still staying near town?" I tried to lighten the mood.

"Yes. I still haven't found an apartment."

"Ok-"

"My brother loves you more than he loves our mother... Please don't hurt him like this anymore."

"Like what?"

"Accusing him. Being suspicious. Trevor is a good guy. He's always been a good guy. So stop whatever this is
Y/n. I have to go, bye."

I held the phone to my ear for a moment longer.

"Y/n? Are you ok?" Trevor called from outside the door.

"Yeah! Yes... Just let me clean myself up." I called through the door.

I clambered out of the closet to wash my face. Calm down. She's just protecting him. She doesn't know what you know.

She hasn't seen the other sides of Trevor like you have.

Calm down.

I splashed my face with water and wiped the water away. Take a deep breath... Just take a deep breath...

I stepped out if the bathroom to Trevor sitting on the bed.

He was staring down at his phone, the soup sitting on the dresser.

"You called Phoebe?"