𝟐𝟒

[ Y/n ]

It's been so long since I actually got dressed up. I did my hair and my makeup too. Trevor was taking me to a nice restaurant.

I was really fighting to get back to normal.

My mind wanders to places I don't want it to and I end up having to drag it back to reality.

The reality is that Trevor is the nice guy he's always been. The guy who's main priority was keeping me safe. That's the real Trevor.

He is not a killer.

I sat in the passengers seat waiting for him. It was a normal day for Hallows Creek. Gloomy and cold.

Trevor jogged out of the house, sliding into the drivers seat. He worse a nice suit to compliment my dress. I smiled over at him before leaning in.

I connected our lips and Trevor let his tongue travel. "You smell good." He sighed after parting. "Thank you." I smiled widely as he pulled out of the driveway.

. . .

Trevor and I sat at a little table towards the back of the restaurant. He scanned the menu silently. Trevor has a tic he does when he can't decide something... It's a dead giveaway.

My eyes flicked to him every once in awhile until I spotted it. His nose scrunched and he scratched his face.

"Which ones are you looking at?"

Trevor looked up at me through his glasses then back at the menu. "Spaghetti bolognese or steak." He mumbled.

"You get the steak. I'll get the spaghetti. Then we can share."

The waiter came out with two wine glasses and a bottle. We both set our menus down as she popped the cork and poured us both a glass.

"Ready to order?"

Trevor nodded then proceeded to order for us. I was starting to notice all those little things I fell in love with again.

The way his freckles adorned his nose and cheeks. His perfect smile. The way he cocked his head when he was interested.

Trevor was a work of art...

I got lucky to marry him.

"Aw... You stained your shirt." I laughed, sipping my wine. Trevor looked down then for a moment, only a split second, panicked.

When he's panicking the side of his mouth twitches.

It happens every time.

"What?" I tried not to seem suspicious but my thoughts were racing now. "This shirt was so expensive!" Trevor whined.

Oh... Right.

He shifted his jacket but didn't cover it fully. It was like a drop of blood. Deep red, almost brown. Small splatter marks... How would he even get a stain there?

No.

You can't do this again.

"And a spaghetti bolognese for the lady."

I snapped out of my thoughts to thank the waiter for the food. I missed everything Trevor said. He probably explained it.

Fuck.

Stop it Y/n.

Stop.