𝟏𝟒

[ Y/n ]

Another murder.

Another, another, another.

And where the fuck is Trevor?

Where, where, where...

I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. He was at the kitchen table with papers all around him. "Trevor." He looked up at me and smiled.

"Good morning-"

"Did you see the news?" I cut him off.

Trevor shook his head and motioned to the table. "Sorry I've been working some equations all morning. Why?"

I sat down and grabbed one of the papers. I don't even understand what half these symbols are... Probably made up. I mean I'm not dumb, I took advanced math classes in high school.

"Y/n?"

I looked up and shook my head. "No, I was just wondering. What's this for?" I asked. "It's confidential actually... But uh... A new kind of rover." He smiled at me and pushed his glasses up.

.  .  .

I stood in the isle of the grocery store and stared at the sugars. I can't... I can't stop... It's all I can think about all the time it's... It's haunting me.

These thoughts never leave my head I feel so paranoid.

I looked up at the mirror and saw a figure down the isle. A tall figure. With a mask. I turned and stepped back. He, she, it— whatever that is stared back at me.

I started to walk backwards when I hit someone.

I turned and gasped, stepping back in my original direction.

Two? There's two?!

I looked at both of them and tried to figure out what to do. What can I do? Suddenly the store seemed so quiet. So still.

I shoved past it and ran out of the isle. Where can I go?! I turned and saw it again. But when I'd turn to go another way there it was.

I stopped and looked around myself.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 23, 18, 11, 34, 6-

"HOW MANY?! HOW MANY ARE YOU?!"

I shoved past them and ran out of the store, back to my car. I started the ignition and sped out of the parking lot, the list of items slipping my mind.

I have to. I have to go. Maybe all of this will fucking stop if I just go. I stopped at a light and looked around paranoid.

Do they know where I live? Why me? Did I do something? Do I know something?!

I continued down the street and pulled into a neighborhood. I know this town so well. I know these people so well.

Who is capable of this?

I stopped on the curb and got out, leaving the car running. I walked up the snowy lawn and ducked under the caution tape, opening the door to the house.

Oh... Oh fuck.

I stopped and covered my face.

Oh fuck.

I turned around and ducked back under the tape, running towards the street. I slipped and fell on my hands and knees, throwing up in the gutter.

"Y/n?"

I looked up and the sheriff looked down at me. I sighed and wiped my mouth, looking up at him again. "S-sorry."

"Are you ok? You know you can't be creepin around crime scenes." He helped me up and I sighed.

"I know, I'm sorry it's... I just... I'm so scared. And it doesn't even feel real sometimes. That someone would do this to us."

He nodded and wiped some snow off my shirt.

"It's hard. We're doing our best. I promise. And you got Trev at home. He spent his teen years fighting ghouls and whatnot... I think you're set. Just let us do our jobs. Go home. I'll stop by the bakery soon and give you an update."

I slowly nodded and walked back to my car.

What is wrong with me?