Looking into his eyes could tell me just what he was feeling, however, I couldn't tell this time. It was a mix of all sorts of emotions, and as I stared deep into them, I began to realize just how torn he was.

"David, look, I'll go back, eventually, but for now-"

"No. Now. Right now."

My breathing became heavy as I was starting to feel claustrophobic. Just being in that house suffocated me. I knew I was always going to be locked up somewhere, no matter my will or desire.

I relaxed my arm, hoping David would lower his guard, and he did, for a small second.

I pulled my arm from his grip and dashed away from him, glad I had my fast reflects at least.

But he was hot on my tail as my legs thumped down the carpet floor, anxiously sweating. I knocked over a shelf with a lamp on it and slowed him down, before walking into a room I didn't recognize, and locked the door.

Luckily, a window big enough for me was in that room, and was low enough for me to get out, unscathed.

However, a question plagued my conscious.

Where was Arc, Laura, and Peter?

Did David deal with them.... Or....

Were they in on it?

I couldn't help the nervous gut feeling deep down. I knew I was being paranoid, but I couldn't help. In this case, it was an asset I needed to get through this.

Deciding to forget about the three, and looked down the window, ignoring the banging on the door.

His pleas meant nothing to me. Not anymore.

I lifted myself over the window sill and landed safely on the ground, barely even feeling the pain on my perviously injured leg.

I turned my head just in time to see that David caught onto my obvious plan, and was running towards me from the front door, swiftly dodging every pedestrian.

I didn't even hesitate to bolt, mocking his actions and attempting not to knock over anyone, surprisingly succeeding.

I got far enough that when looked back, he was being blocked by the amount of people that were waiting outside a building. They weren't in a straight line, which I usually would've been a little annoyed by, but right now, I felt like giving everyone there a big hug.

I made a turn and realized that even though I had escaped, I had no idea where I was. But that wouldn't matter, I simply had to ask for directions to the nearest bus stop, and boom! I'll find my way home!

However, I didn't have money for the bus fare soo.....

I looked around my area, glad it was a busy day, and many people around the city were either window shopping or simply hanging out with friends and family.

I neared the nicest human being near me, who was one of the people smiling, and approached them.

"Hello, ma'am, do you know where the nearest bus station is?" I asked, hoping to sound as polite as possible.

The woman nodded, and pointed at a sign.

"If you follow that sign, and take a left, you'll find a park. Go pass the park, and you'll find the bus stop. It'll be arriving at 2:30, though, so you have quite some time. Almost an hour, in fact."

I smiled and nodded before nervously scratching my neck. "Uhhh.... Do you perhaps have any change to spare? For the bus.... Fare?"

The woman smiled at my request and nodded swiftly. She reached into her wallet and dished out a 5$ bill, handing it to me afterwards.

I thanked her and walked towards the  sign I was showed. I heard a few unhappy voices behind me, and turned to see David.

By now he was growing restless, and was shoving away people that so happened to be in his path. I turned away and decided to I needed to hurry things up.

I ran down the sidewalk, shouting to people in my way to move, hoping I didn't knock anyone over.

I crossed the street, barely glancing at  both sides before dashing across. Things weren't so lucky for David, who was far away, by now.

Even if I wasn't the most active or healthy, I had the element of luck on my side.

And before I knew it, I finally saw the bus stop in view.

I looked around for the time, hoping there would be a clock around, but sadly, there was not.

I looked to a nearby man and poked his shoulder, a little nervous as he turned and removed the ear bud that was in his right ear.

"Uhh... What time is it?" I asked, chewing on my lip anxiously.

The man pulled out his phone and checked the time.

"2:00." He said, turning away and continuing his walk.

I sighed as I looked over at where I had last seen David and groaned. He was no longer there.

I tapped my shoe as I tried hiding behind the amount of people around, wishing and hoping time would hurry up.

Finally, the bus came into view, probably earlier than expected, and I silently cheered.

I heard David's voice behind me, and I glanced again, relieved to see that he was far away. He was also desperately yelling at me, trying to get me to stop.

But I turned away. I hopped on that bus the moment it stopped.

I had decided that I was going to leave this all behind. I had no idea where everyone was, but I couldn't waste my time on them. I had to escape from my brother, David, and the men from that cursed place.

I was going to escape.