"Don't think like that (Y/N), please." I hold her tighter and whisper to her. "Don't let that darkness take over and control your thoughts." I share my thoughts. She pulls back and looks at me, confused. "Naruto, nothing will control me or my thoughts. I would never actually do what I said; I just get pissed when I think of him and what he put Itachi and Sasuke through all these years." she explains. 

"I mean, can you imagine the massacre never happened? How different our lives could have been? I could have been friends with you from such a young age and maybe even on the same team? Gone on missions together, ate and hung out together?" she starts to imagine an impossible life. "You could have met my parents... I would have invited you over every day; I would have made sure you would never feel lonely for even a second." she confesses.

Why is she thinking of me more than her family and her life? Why am I the main subject in that fantasy? She should be imagining a long life with her family and Itachi and Sasuke, not me, who we barely met at the time. "That man took that away from me; he took a bright future away from all of us. He has no right to live one while we suffered. But," she turns us around and straddles me. "I promise you, I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure we have a bright future filled with laughter and love and nothing else." she leans down and kisses me.

I'm not sure why she was being so serious all of a sudden, but that last statement erased my worries about her succumbing to the darkness. There's no way someone who was working towards that future would decide to take another path. I grab her from the back of her neck and deepen the kiss. 

"Don't even think for one second that I won't be by your side fighting for that future as well. So let's promise to stay together until that day." I tell her, and she chuckles. "As if I'll let anything come in between us. You're mine, Uzumaki. Now and forever." she smirks and kisses me again. Ya, that girl can be dangerous to anyone who's going to mess with her or me, for that matter. I never met anyone who was so possessive over me, haha!

"Come on, let's get you to Sakura so she can finish healing your little crazy stunt." she laughs and starts explaining how it was the ultimate plan and how she knew that Sasuke would be able to shoot at the perfect aim, how she trusted him.

(Y/N) is not the only possessive person in this relationship. I mean, it was pretty obvious I had a little jealous side when I confessed just to stop Neji from doing it first. It was pretty embarrassing later on when I found out that Neji had no such thoughts at all. But now things are a lot worse... 

The ultimate rival is back, and I've always felt that I had no chance against him in that department. Of course, I would never tell (Y/N) cuz she would just laugh at me and tell me how stupid I was. But even a blind person can see that Sasuke is a way better looker than I am...

Even she admitted that he was beautiful...

So, that new level of trust or whatever friendship they have been building is not the most comforting thing that's happened recently. 

"Hey, guys! Look who's back to normal!" she cheers as she runs towards Sakura and the others. "I don't see a difference, do you?" Sasuke asks Karin, and she just shakes her head with a smile. "Oh shut up, Little Uchiha, I remember you acknowledging my Uchiha blood! And you admitted that you trust me! You can't take that back." she gives him a huge grin and pokes his sides.

They start bickering, but I know Sasuke. He's lost that hate or heat in his comments at her; he doesn't seem as annoyed with her as before... He's really accepted her.

I pull her back from her waist and glare at him. That unpleasant feeling was back, and I don't like it; it also seems to go away when she's in my arms. "Let's just get you healed." I tell her and make her sit in front of Sakura. "I don't get it; I feel fine. What do you still need to heal?" she asks. "Just a little internal healing, and then I'll heal the scar." she tells her, but (Y/N) stops her hands. "You're going to remove the scar?" she asks, and Sakura confirms it. "I'd like to keep it if that's okay?" she looks back at me.