24. Far Away

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I carry the sleeping beauty in my arms towards the mansion as I admire her calm and angelic face. The little mole just below her lips and the scar on her left cheekbone bringing a shy smile on my face at the similarities we share. Especially the scar right between the valley of her mounds.

No, I'm not a pervert. I never take advantage of unconscious or drunk women. I have boundaries that I'll never cross. But I hope that this little detail on her body is only known by y/n, her mother and me.

I just have this piece of information from a long, long time ago when we both were naive, speaking about the moles on our body and had no bad intentions.

I huff out a breath and speed up my pace to put her on the comfort of her bed though I doubt it gives her any comfort at all.

Just as I'm about to cross the path which distances the mansion wall and the forest, I hear the voice of a person I least expected to be awake at this time behind me to my right. Frowning my brows together in confusion, I turn around to greet him and bend my head forward as a sign of respect.

"I see, you both are still seeing each other this late at night" Mr. Park speaks in a playful tone with a half smirk tugging his lips and I look down at the woman in my arms, sleeping peacefully, oblivious to the chaos in the outside world. She looks like a goddess. Her luscious lips parted slightly, the tip of her button nose glittering by the moonlight and the shadow of her long eyelashes on her scarred cheekbone, along with the pleasant atmosphere makes me fall in love with her all over again tonight. Is that how love is supposed to feel?

I look up at Mr. Park to not be rude without answering him and smile with a promise in my mind to keep y/n safe and prioritise her above everything, including my own life.

"Yes sir, she's the most beautiful and  strong woman I've ever met right after my mother. And I can't seem to keep myself away from her. Not anymore. These past years without her were like a lifeless tree; present but not living. I was surviving. But then she came into my life again like the goddess of living, blossoming the flowers around me and rose the sun high above in my dark world. I'm not planning to let her go away now. I need her as much as the earth needs the sun to continue living" I blabber everything inside of me to him but instantly feel the heat rush to my face as I burry deep into the self made grave. I'm so embarrassed right now that I just want to disappear for good.

Mr. Park just let's out a chortle, a little shocked to see me speak so much about a woman, not to mention his own daughter, when I'm known as a cold hearted player to the town.

"You remind me of my old days Jungkook. Even I couldn't keep myself away from her mother...... She looked so beautiful that even the flowers bowed down to her beauty" he smiles, reminiscing the old days as he looks at y/n which must remind him of his past lover.

A warm sensation engulfs my heart and the tender flower hidden in there raises up to leave my chest and speak nonstop about how this little woman makes me feel blessed without even doing anything but just being in my arms.

"You're in love Jungkook" the elder male infront of me speaks softly with a smile gracing his features as his gaze  constantly flicks between me and y/n.

"Deeply sir" I confirm his thoughts with a beam, feeling like a giddy teenager about to confront his crush's parents.

"I hope you'll protect my little girl from the world and treasure her as she deserves. As a father, I'm requesting you to take her far away from this place" he speaks in a stern voice to assert his dominance, not kidding when it comes to his dear daughter.

"Forever" I speak, although it barely comes out as a whisper. Having his permission is all I want to take her with me, out of this town and to a place where no one knows us or our families and we'll start our own little family after she gives me the permission to marry her. She'll make me the happiest man on the earth if she says yes. But I have to win her heart first and it might take time.

"Even from Jimin" he makes my head snap in the blink of an eye at the unexpected mention of my now ex-bestfriend whom I've started to hate.

That traitor!

"Mr. Park... I.."

Though I knew there was something off about his behaviour, I still expected him to value our friendship and more, his step sister, about whom he has no idea. Or does he?

But Mr. Park mentioning this openly makes me feel a weird type of pain in my heart. It's a mixture of betrayal, guilt and surprise, one of the worst kind of feelings someone can feel in his lifetime.

"I know Jungkook. I know of what I'm speaking right now. I've heard a few rumours about Jimin being on our enemy's side, though my personal spy hasn't conformed about it yet. But it's never late and I'm giving you the permission to take my daughter away from this mess to somewhere safe. This way both of  my children will be safe and alive, so will be your dream of running away from your father" the older male speaks with a tint of hope in his aged eyes, the crinkles in the corner of his eyes appreciating my decision as soon as I nod positively.

"By the way, does she know about her true identity or...?" he asks unsure about my answer and raises both of his eyebrows in anticipation.

"Yes sir" I say, feeling guilty for not keeping it a secret as y/n wanted us to.

"How... How did she react..?" his voice trembles a little but he clears his throat to not seem weak infront of me.

"She passed out for a while but woke up with no headache. She seemed surprised about not having a headache after waking up, as if it was normal for her to have it after becoming conscious"

"That's... Surprising. Really"

"Is it a bad sign sir?"

"This maybe is because.... her mother is slowly becoming weak. I'm not sure but long ago when we spoke about curses, casting spells and mist, I heard her saying she couldn't cast a permanent spell on someone..... or something like that. I don't remember everything that happened that night, we were..... a bit distracted" he says looking at the ground, cupping his chin as if in deep thoughts.

"Oh" is all I'm able to say. I really want to ask what kind of distraction they faced while speaking about such serious topic but I don't want to invade his personal space. Being alive even after holding his daughter in my arms is already a blessing and I don't want to die tonight.

"Anyways, you should tuck her to bed and go take rest. It's way past midnight now or maybe.... dawn" he sighs as we realise the time. But I doubt I'll be able to sleep today anyway, I must learn and practice more fighting techniques in a very short time to survive in an unknown town.

"Take good sleep and plan as soon as possible to go far away without anyone knowing. I'm warning you, no one should know about this" his eyes never leave mine as his stare pierces through my soul and I nod my head. We walk back to y/n's room with Mr. Park behind me, keeping a close eye on each step I take towards her room.

For some reason my heart skips few beats as I feel y/n snuggle closer, seeking my body warmth.

She'll be the death of me if she keeps on acting so cute.

————

Make sure to vote and comment :)

-You're loved-