TEN

(◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Eric signed all the documents pertaining to Hope's treatment, "When will she be discharged doctor?", he asked.

The doctor looked at Hope and said, "It was not a very complicated case, though I believe she's really sensitive and that caused this. I believe we let her stay here for the night, so we can examine her nasal passage for any irritation in the morning."

"Okay thanks doctor. You were of great help.", Erica said to the doctor and the doctor left nodding in acknowledgement.

David stood a little far from the bed, his eyes focused somewhere outside the window.

"I'll stay here.", Erica said taking a seat near Hope's bed.

Eric sighed, "You need to go back home Erica. Don't forget you have had a C-section recently, and you need to have proper rest. I'll stay here."

"But.."

David thought it was time to interrupt. They have just started talking and he doesn't want any other argument brewing between them.

"I can stay here. There's no as such issue. Plus you have kids to take care of. And I am very bad at that. So I'd instead do this."

"David..", Erica wanted to protest but was stopped when Eric interrupted again, "That'll be good."

Reluctantly, Erica left while Eric was more than eager to take her home due to several reasons. Only known to him.

*

Her eyes were closed but she felt like life was back in her. Her lips were dry, parched, so much that she had to finally wake up from her peaceful sleep.

"...wa..water..", she mumbled trying to gather the courage to open her eyes.

Soon enough, she felt a glass near her lips, and that instinctively made her sip some water.

When she felt better than before, she slowly attempted to open her eyes, only for a concerned pair of black eyes staring back at her.

For once she thought it was a dream. She was used to having such dreams where she'd imagine him being beside her, but as soon as she's fully awake, he's gone.

Though concerned, a tinge of amusement passed through those black orbs, "Hi Hopeless!"

"Da..David?"

He looked at her amused, "Did those orchids get inside your head and cause you amnesia? I am the most handsome, charming and desirable, David Wellington, at your service madam!"

That instinctively caused her lips to curve. He is here.

Not even in the most beautiful dreams, she has imagined waking up to be treated with his first sight. But the best comes without warning. Doesn't it?

She tried to sit up, and he helped by adjusting her bed.

"I am alive?", She asked.

He chuckled, "Sadly you are!"

She smiled wide, "Thank you.."

If David disliked something, it was words like 'Thank you' and 'Sorry' especially between friends. Probably his experience made him so. Because Eric was everything but courteous. And that was what he was used to..

"Ah well...thanks to you Hope for going on a date with a dumpster, and then sniffing the orchids he sent for you knowing you have such grave allergy. Thankyou love!"

She knew he was being sarcastic and he was anything but thankful. But who would intentionally want to end up in the hospital.

Then at that moment she wondered if any of her family or Erica was informed.