2012

2012

He saw his head in the scope of his sniper, he braces himself, takes a breath, BANG!

He shot up coming to his senses immediately. He was at home in bed ... Alone. It wasn't the first time that he killed a man, but that was the one that always haunted him. Acting alone, he was always thankful that Mike Franks had secretly given him the case file and he had managed to locate Pedro Hernandez in Mexico he didn't think twice to take his life after he had taken those of his wife and daughter but it still didn't stop the pain he felt. He sometimes wondered what would have happened to Kelly as she had grown into a young woman. Would she have gone to college? Would she live her life to help others? Would she be like him and catch criminals? Or be his old self? Kill for a living? He shuddered at that and got up out of bed to fetch a glass of water.

He drove to work the next day feeling tired as he struggled to settle after the dream. Knowing he would need double he's usual caffeine fix. Even after three other marriages ... And divorces it still hurt him to think of Shannon, but most of all Kelly.

The lift made a 'bing' sound as it opened up onto his second home and what he now believed to be his new family, he looked over them and a little smile would creep across his face, he trusted them all with his life and valued them all individually for their unique traits and talents. Everyday they managed to surprise him and keep him on his toes he loved them dearly. He knew they may not all be the smartest but they were the best and all clicked and worked well together, even if they did argue sometimes.

"If you touch my computer again I'll have to kick your ass" Ziva said a little louder then she meant to showing clear frustration. "Oh, calm down Ziva were all family here and we should know if your going on a date, shouldn't we probie? Exclaimed Tony looking towards McGee. Who looked up at the mention of his 'name' "erm... Well ... Well" McGee stuttered as he started to blush. McGee was still classed as a junior agent, and was used to all the nicknames given to him. He was a shy, quiet and a very intelligent guy and also a clever agent however he was still the butt of all of Tony's jokes, even though Tony deep down did have true affection for him, Tony was a higher ranked agent then McGee and never let him forget it he was constantly joking around and flirting with women especially Ziva a young Israeli woman with lightly tanned skin and dark hair she was a trained killer by Mossad in her home land she had first come to NCIS undercover but had earned the trust of her team.

"Give it up DiNozzo!" Gibbs called making the team jump and go back to work.

"What have we got today?" He asked.

Tony started "Well boss Ziva is going on a date and ..."

"NOT in your silly arguments" Gibbs interrupted with his signature head slap to accompany. "McGee anything actually about work to talk about?"

McGee once again with a stutter began to explain "not a lot really ... We were just all catching up on paperwork, except they are sending a new agent today, she's highly recommended by the Royal British Navy police and she asked to join this team directly, she's highly intelligent and a well all rounder with knowledge in crime scenes, forensics, interrogation and some idea of autopsy".

"Damn! Probie, did you study her file all night?" Teased Tony

"no! We don't even have her name, it was just in some brief notes that was sent to us, I thought it strange for them not to add her name, but it's a surprise to all of us now, I heard she's a tough cookie Tony, she'll eat you alive" jested McGee.

"Anyway" Gibbs interjected "Why the hell is she coming into my team?"

"Because" director vance appeared at the top of stairs making the whole team jump and look up at him" I have a friend in England, needs a favour, he says that even though the girl is young she has drive, she has worked hard within the Royal British Navy police but has started to rebel against her guardians and lost her way a little, shes become a bit of party girl and keeps getting into trouble threatening her position, they thought a transfer here would give her a new start and a new perspective even thought I've heard from some it was a surprise for her to go into the Navy police as she had never had an interest before, it was more like her guardians had pushed her, I don't know personally of the girl or her family just that my friend advised me that she wanted a little help and I couldn't think anyone better then you Gibbs, and I know your team have had extra work load lately"

"Okay, I would just like to be informed next time" retorted Gibbs knowing they could always do with an extra pair of hands.