ฅ Chapter 30 ฅ

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, and it is?" He huffs, "I thought you were just colorblind, not blind-blind." I roll my eyes at his response before diverting my attention back to the kitten. It's about the size of my hand and shivering violently as it tries to back up more into the bush again.

"Hey hey," I coax it softly, "You're okay, we're not gonna hurt you. We just want to help." I slowly reach my hand forward and the kitten freezes for a moment before taking the smallest step forward to sniff me. I watch as it's eyes light up and it starts inching towards me, barely able to hold itself up as it weakly attempts to walk. I reach forward and gently hook my arm under it as I lift it up and hug it closer to my chest. It curls up in my arms and snuggles into my hoodie as I stand up to join the others again.

"You said cat, this is a kitten." I gesture towards the small baby cuddling up in my arms. My heart warms at the sight and I get the sudden urge to protect it with my life.

"Whatever, it's practically the same thing." He remarks while turning away, "It was hiding earlier anyway, I couldn't fully see it." Dream chuckles a bit at his response.

"Let's get back so we can clean him up," Dream says gesturing over to the kitten who had fallen asleep in my arms. I nod and take a few steps forward in the direction of the house before Dream stops me in my tracks.

"What?" I huff at him, impatient to get the kitten to safety as quickly as possible. Suddenly he reaches behind me and throws my hood over my head.

"I've never seen you so careless about your features before." I give him a weird look of disbelief as we continue walking.

"Whatever," I say, rushing ahead of the others.

POV Dream

As we made it back to the house, George sped in front of us with the kitten and headed inside first. He seems to be acting a bit strange, but Sapnap and I don't question it as we follow him inside to help.

George and I head over to the upstairs bathroom and I start filling the tub up with a bit of decently hot water, low enough to where it could stand. As I reach over George to grab the shampoo I normally use for Patches, I heard a hiss come from George's direction.

I pause my movements and look over at him in confusion, did he just hiss at me? As I meet his eyes, it feels as though he's staring daggers into my soul.

"George..?" I ask, still frozen in place. His face lightens up a bit at the mention of his name.

"Huh?" He asks, seemingly oblivious to his previous action.

"You good..?" I ask, raising an eyebrow in his direction.

"Yeah, why?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"'Cause you just hissed at me.." I tell him, a bit taken aback.

"Did I?" He asks before Sapnap finally enters the bathroom.

"I locked Patches up in my room for the time being." He says scratching the back of his head. "I don't wanna spook the kitten and we probably don't know how Patches would react." I nod in agreement as I finally grab the shampoo and turn off the water after feeling the temperature.

George then slowly moves the kitten over and places it gently in the tub, making sure it has at least a bit of balance before reluctantly letting go. I open the shampoo and gently dispense some onto my palm, snapping the lid shut with the back of my hand before placing it back on the side of the tub for the next time Patches might need a cleaning.

I hear another small hiss come from George as I reach over and gently lather the shampoo into the kitten's fur as it emits small mews while I softly rub out any dirt on it's back.