Ghosts Don't Hold Grudges, But They Do Know How To Preach

Start from the beginning

"You don't know anything, Chanyeol." He called back. "You don't even know for sure if he was murdered."

"There's no other explanation." He groaned, throwing his hands up. "You all know something! You, Mr. Suho, Ms. Bae! But, you'd rather let an innocent soul rot in that old house he died in then tell me who was involved and set him free! You're selfish, Mr. Kim! And if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're guilty too!"

"Go home!" Mr. Kim raised his voice louder than he ever had before. Taken aback, Chanyeol bit his tongue.

"Go home already, Chanyeol! You won't get any answers from me."

"But, you're the one who told me how to get rid of him! You told me murder victims need justice, and now you won't even help me!"

"That was just to keep you preoccupied. I knew you wouldn't be able to help him. You're going to move out after Halloween anyway, so you'll forget about this whole thing in a month."

Chanyeol clenched his fists at his sides. His jaw tightened. Mr. Kim was always so nice to him and out of all his neighbors, Chanyeol liked him most. He never expected to be standing at his front door, wishing to sock an old man in the face, and all over one annoying ghost.

"You can't do anything for him." Mr. Kim continued. "Everyone involved or even the slightest bit associated with his death is either dead or crazy. He is going to suffer for as long as that house stands, and when they tear it down, he'll sit atop the rubble and suffer more. It's hopeless. When are you going to realize that?"

Chanyeol swallowed his anger and unclenched his fists. "You never wanted to help him. You just wanted to get me off your back by giving me that paper when you knew it wouldn't work. Is the paper even real? Or, is that all a lie too?"

"It's all real, but it can't do anything for Baekhyun. It's too late for him."

Chanyeol didn't argue anymore. He wasn't going to give up, but he also wasn't going to put up with all of his neighbors lying and discouraging him from finding the truth. After seeing the pain in Baekhyun's eyes when he saw those weapons, it motivated him to free his soul. Get him out of that damn house and lay him to rest. Sure, he still wanted him gone because he annoyed the shit out of him at times, but Baekhyun deserved more than that. He deserved closure.

👻👻👻

Baekhyun was sitting on Chanyeol's bed with his phone floating in front of his face when he returned home. Chanyeol threw the door open and stormed into the closet to hang his jacket up, catching the ghost's attention.

"Hey. Where were you?"

"Visiting with Mr. Kim." He mumbled.

"By the way, Kyungsoo called while you were out. I was gonna answer, but then I remembered he can't hear me and it would've been super awkward and he'd think it's you being a weirdo and I just didn't want to embarrass you like that-"

Chanyeol snatched his phone out of the air. A notification indeed confirmed Kyungsoo called, but it went unanswered. He swiped it away, then flopped down on his bed and buried his face in the pillow.

Baekhyun drifted his merry way over to him and laid down on his stomach, kicking his feet back and forth. "So...are you going to call him back, Loverboy?"

Chanyeol snorted.

"What? You're never going to get anywhere with him if you don't make some moves. I am an expert on relationships, so don't worry my friend. You are in great hands."