Chapter 3

When they entered the Jade Chamber, Y/N had to take a moment, in awe from the breathtaking sight in front of them. The interior was lavish; soft, emerald green carpeting, diamond chandeliers, and surely something priceless was within every square inch of this palace.

Zhongli glanced over at Y/N and let out a light chuckle. "We should visit here more often, yes?"

"I...I suppose you're right," Y/N slowly spoke.

They met the gaze of Lady Nigguang, who was sprawled across her lush green loveseat. She motioned the two towards the two chairs in front of her, so Zhongli and Y/N moved forward to take a seat.

Y/N noticed that they were supremely out of place, but it seemed to them that Zhongli couldn't care less for their surroundings, and even less so the woman in front of him.

"Well then, shall we discuss the matter at hand?" Ningguang questioned dryly.

"But of course, we are two very busy parties, we wouldn't want to impose on your time for too long. We too have appointments to attend," Zhongli said pointedly.

The tension in the room was palpable, actively making Y/N squirm in their seat.

"Good," Lady Ningguang said with a smile, although her eyes were about as friendly as a ravenous wolf.

Zhongli and Lady Ningguang carried out their formal- albeit strained, conversation, much to Y/N's discomfort. Y/N had nothing important to bring to the conversation besides an occasional nod and smile, making the exchange quite boring. When it was finally time to depart, Y/N couldn't help the sigh of relief that came out.

Zhongli chuckled in response.

"That exchange was not my cup of tea either Y/N, however it needed to be done. Hopefully..." Zhongli wistfully took a deep breath. "Hopefully our next stop will be much shorter."

"Where is our next stop again, Zhongli," Y/N asked inquisitively as they walked back into town.

Zhongli's jaw tensed in response before he took a deep breath.

"Our next stop is the NorthLand Bank."