Chapter 36

A/N:- I am sorry. I am so sorry. Junior year is awful. Whatever you do, do not take APUSH. This class sucks. My eyes are literally closing by themselves and I need sleep rn. I managed to finish this chapter, and I really hope you guys enjoy it. I have an APUSH test next week + my PSAT so I probably won't be able to update. I'll try to update as soon as possible though. I love you guys, wish me luck.

***

When the week at Malfoy Manor has passed, Draco and Hermione had both went back to Hogwarts just like they planned. It was something akin to a break; a break for only the two of them. No friends, no parents, and no maids. Nothing but the two of them existed.

They had both wanted to take advantage of the week that they had together.

And they did.

***

Draco leaned against the stone wall as he watched Hermione and Fred work their, as Fred had so obviously pointed out, magic.

It was the first day back at Hogwarts, and Fred had convinced Hermione to prank Filch with him. Hermione, obviously, agreed, and by an extension, convinced Draco to join them. He reluctantly agreed, and he did so because he wanted to spend time with Hermione. This week was for her and him to spend time together, not her and Fred.

Yes. Yes, he was jealous. He admitted as much to himself, and he didn't shy away from showing it. Multiple times he had stood between the two of them, but that didn't stop Fred from taking advantage of his ghost state to practically merge into Draco so that he could stand next to Hermione. Draco had also interrupted several of their conversations together, mostly because he wanted Hermione's attention to be on him.

Merlin, he was such a child.

Hermione had caught onto his act several times, and even though she didn't admit it to him, she loved teasing him. So that's why Fred and her had been talking a lot, sometimes even ignoring Draco. She loved it when he fought for her attention. It was quite adorable and made her feel appreciated, and she deserved to feel so; Draco had pointed that out several times already.

Currently, both Hermione and Fred were watching Filch from around the corner, waiting for the cookies to cause the reaction that they had wanted. When Hermione stifled a laugh, Draco approached the corner and looked at Filch.

Filch, who was holding a half eaten cookie, widened his eyes as his face suddenly began to transform into that of Mrs. Norris. It was the same prank that Draco and Graham had pulled on McLaggen, but it seemed so long ago now.

In mere seconds, Filch was freaking out and grasping at his face. When his eyes locked onto Fred, Draco, and Hermione, anger simmered in them.

Fred suddenly yelled out. "And that's my cue." In a second, he was gone through the wall.

Hermione gasped at his betrayal, but she didn't have any time to think; Draco had grasped her hand and intertwined their fingers, and it wasn't long before the two of them were running. Both laughing and out of breath. Once they reached another corner, Draco pulled Hermione behind a column and wrapped his arms around her waist as he looked around the column. When there was no sign of Filch, he turned and faced Hermione with a soft mischievous smile.

"Out of breath?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow as he did so.

Hermione took a deep breath and exhaled before smiling up at Draco. "Yes, but it was worth it. The look on Filch's face— Merlin, Draco! That was exhilarating!"

Boundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें