Chapter 5

It has been a few days since Hermione and Draco had talked.

A few days since Hermione bad figured out that Draco Malfoy was once, suicidal.

And it sucked.

It sucked so much that Hermione had never figured that out on her own, it sucked that Hermione judged Draco based on the front that he likes to keep up for everyone.

It sucked that Hermione Granger was that idiotic to not think that some people have also dealt with a ton of shit, even more that her.

And she felt awful, she felt as if the ground has cracked and pulled her down with it only to put her back up in a more disgustingly worse world.

But she convinced herself that she wasn't an awful person, that she wasn't a selfish person who only cared about those who were acquainted with her.

Because in truth, Draco Malfoy had been playing a twisted game inside of her head, a game of broken pieces of glass and shreds of what had been a sane heart before.

From Hermione's perspective, Draco seemed to have forgotten about their awfully comfortable talk.

But from Draco's perspective, he had been ignoring the whole conversation.

Because he knew that once he acknowledged the conversation he had with her, the reality would set in and it would break Draco in its way.

The past few days have passed in a blur, but obviously, they didn't pass simply.

"GRANGER! I SWEAR TO MERLIN I WILL KICK OPEN THAT SODDING DOOR!"

"PISS OFF BLEACHED ARSEHOLE!"

Fights over the bathroom...

"Granger, turn off this sodding light, some people are actually trying to sleep."

"You can sleep on the couch in the common room if you want, I am reading this book, whether you like it or not, Malfoy."

Fights over Hermione's habit of reading late at night with a Lumos on...

Yeah, they do have such an interesting time together.

Currently, both Hermione and Draco were working on brewing the Felix Felicis.

The Felix Felicis potion would take nearly six months to be ready, so professor Slughorn got all the students working on it now.

And it was obviously going so well.

"Granger, that is absolutely ludicrous, you need to Sprinkle powdered common rue, not add the whole bottle!" Draco, once again, corrected Hermione on her brewing skills.

Hermione ground her teeth together and shot her face up to Draco who was laying on the ground in front of her, his back resting on his bed.

"If you are so good with potions, Malfoy, then I would recommend for you to brew it alone!" Hermione bit the inside of her cheek to prevent all of the insults that suddenly popped in her head.

"I am just merely correcting you and your obvious horrid skills at brewing, nothing personal, Granger." Draco lifted a teasing eyebrow.

Hermione narrowed her eyes and then turned her head back to the cauldron that was in between them, this time following the instructions that Draco had said. 

Draco studied her as he studied her hands that were working expertly.

Hermione was so focused that if Draco called her name she wouldn't even hear him.