Chapter 18

Hermione has been staring at him for nearly five minutes.

Call her weird, call her creepy, call her whatever you want, but Hermione was so enamored with his features that even if you called her a mudblood, she wouldn't give you the time of the day.

His features looked so angelic while he slept, no furrowed eyebrows, no scowl on his face, no normal thing was visible on his face, because the Draco she knew walked with a sneer on his face and a stick up his arse.

But his features resembled nothing of the Draco she knew, not that she minds, because having the chance to admire him from this angle is one of the best and most therapeutic things that she ever had the pleasure to do.

She didn't forget how she woke up. She didn't forget how she was met by the sight of him on the floor next to her bed. She didn't forget the feeling of his hand in hers, their fingers intertwined together tightly, as if it was a lifeline for the both of them.

However, even if she was at first confused, she didn't let go of his hand, in fact, she tightened her hold on his.

And until now, his hand is still clasped in her own, causing Hermione's stomach to flutter every time she remembered.

Hermione shook her head as she came out from her dazed state, frowning as she realized she won't get the chance to admire him from an angle like this anymore.

She took a deep breath and stood up from the bed before crouching next to him and snapping her fingers in front of his face.

Just as his eyes started to flutter open and close, Hermione ran towards the bathroom door, closing it quietly behind her.

***

As she sat in the defense against the dark arts class, Hermione couldn't stop her thought process from imagining ways that she could kill professor Alvaro by.

Perhaps a fiendfire?

...

Perhaps that's too extreme. But either way, Hermione couldn't stop her teeth from grinding together and her eyes from narrowing as she watched professor Alvaro's treatment with the Slytherins.

"This is not how you do it."

"This is wrong."

"Your thinking capacity is shocking, not the good kind."

"You need to add more effort, you are merely waving a wand."

Hermione had lost all of her patience and he chose that moment to approach her and her blond friend.

If she can call him that.

"Mr. Malfoy, since you are not doing anything to prove your skills, I'll have to assign you detention at the end of the week."

Draco gritted his teeth together, he tried to stop the reply from crossing his lips but to no avail, the words tumbled out of his mouth, "Perhaps you are just not a good professor."

Professor Alvaro narrowed his eyes, "That's a personal opinion, I am not a therapist and you will not tell me about your misery like I am your diary."

Hermione narrowed her eyes, the fact that he started a whole problem out of nothing is amusing, but she didn't want Draco to be on the receiving end of their professor's wrath.