Breakfast with.. [40]

R

February third. Thursday, 5:30 am.

Luz called Grace to make sure she was okay, Cheryl, having answered the call. "Yeah she's still sleepy. We just uh..Binge watched a show.."

"Cheryl..That hurt.."

"Ah- Sorry- Venom can stay the day- Bye Luz-" Cheryl hung up.

The witchling shrugged, "I'm going out to eat breakfast, you can play in the back."

Venom nodded, Prince and Nero both going outside with him. In a matter of seconds, Venom was chasing Prince and Nero with the hose. Luz got her bag, leaving the house, walking to the bus stop. It took awhile, but Luz got on the bus, happily chatting with the driver.

Twenty minutes later, Luz arrived at her destination, paying the driver and getting off. "How long I've craved you french toast." Luz sighed dreamily as she walked in to the restaurant.

The man behind the stand looked up, then down at the chart. "Luz?"

"Yes! That's me." The witchling smiled.

He nodded, "Come on."

Luz followed him to the small booth, "Your server will be here soon."

"Thank you."

He bowed, walking to his little stand again. In a few minutes, Luz's waiter arrived. "What can I get started for ya?"

"Water, no ice, please. And I'm actually ready to order!"

He clicked his pen, "Makes this loads easier thanks. What you havin' today hm?" He scribbled down Luz's drink.

"French toast with butter, strawberry syrup, and berries. Any type is okay with me!"

He nodded, scribbling that down, "Is that it?"

Amilotl popped out of Luz's bag, ":D"

"Salsa." Luz nervously smiled.

Amilotl's tail wagged swiftly, "(≧▽≦)"

The waiter pat it's head, "Got it. It'll be out as soon as possible. Let me go get your water and salsa."

Luz nodded, the waiter skating to the kitchen. "You really like salsa don't you Amilotl?" Luz pat it's head.

It squeaked, jumping about on the table, Luz entertaining it til the salsa and water came. Amilotl lit a small flame, heating up their salsa while Luz unwrapped her paper straw. "Hey, you!"

"Huh?" Luz looked to her right.

Three girls came over, one looking very uh..White. Imagine her as you please. "You're the girl that's been on the news with Amity and everything!"

"Uhm- Yes that's correct.."

She glared at Luz. "She should be with her kind."

"I am her kind?? We're living beings-"

She scoffed. "Popular people!"

"I design her clothing, am on the news, and have hung out with her far more than you. What have you done?" Luz hissed, then sighed. "I'm sorry. I stayed up late, I shouldn't be taking it out on you. Would you like to sit? I'm sure we can talk this through in a civilized manor.."

She let out one of those white girl dramatic scoffs, then she snapped. "Brenda. Cushion."

The brunette fumbled for a second, reaching in to her bag, pulling out a very expensive looking pillow, placing it on the seat across from Luz. "Pen, waiter."