Chapter 2: Some Things Never Change

Start from the beginning

Syr: Y-Yeah, but that boy is gonna get hurt because of me!

Lunoire: Not much we can do here. Vanargandr is a level 6 after all.

Anya: Nya, Mama, we have to do something!

Mia: The boy brought this on himself. I'll step in if things get too hairy, it's the least I can do for someone defending one of my girls. (Don't die kid, just focus on staying alive.)

Bete: Hope you're ready runt.

Bell: ...

He just stood there and stared at the wolf. Many were confused as the boy didn't even take a stance.

Tione: Why isn't he doing anything? Surely he doesn't think he has a chance right?

Riveria: This could be part of his plan. Bete isn't in his right mindset so the boy can take advantage of that if he's caught on.

Lefiya: Miss Ais?

Ais was staring at the boy, she felt an aura coming from him that she felt from few others.

Ais: That person is strong, he won't give in easily.

Finn: What makes you say that, Ais?

Ais: There's something about him that is unsettling.

Tiona: So you felt it too. Whatever it is, it's making this more exciting.

Many agreed with the amazon and began placing bets as to who would win. Naturally, since no one knew Bell they bet on Bete instead, save the waitresses who wanted to believe in the brave soul.

Bete: Here it comes!

He rushed Bell and threw a punch straight at his face. Bell wasn't entirely prepared for his speed but that didn't matter too much. He was able to dodge out of the way, albeit with a small scratch on his cheek.

Customer A: Yeah, first strike is his!

Customer B: That kids as good as done at this rate!

Bell could hear their conversations and rolled his eyes. He turned to the girl he helped and saw a look of worry on her face. He gave her a confident smile before turning back to the wolf.

Bell: Guess I should take this more seriously.

Bete just laughed at that.

Bete: Hahahaha! You're really trying to tell me that you're holding back on me?! That's rich, dream on kid! You couldn't beat me either way!

Many cheered at that as they thought they won some money, but Bell had other ideas.

Bell: I wonder about that...

The ground around Bell started cracking which put the wolf on guard

The ground around Bell started cracking which put the wolf on guard. The next thing he knew was that strange light began shooting out of him followed by a sharp pain which forced him backwards.