Chapter 25

After my dad left to head to the station, I stand in front of the mirror hating my reflection.

I don't get jealous because my 'best friend' supposedly likes my boyfriend better.

I also don't break down in my father's arms because I feel lonley, I've always felt lonley and I could keep it in normally.

I'm so tired.

Go to sleep Sofia.

I wish I could. But I need to help the others.

I clean myself up and head downstairs. I open the front door and immediately meet Issac's chest.

"I knew I should've checked here first." He sighs and hugs me. Unlike all of our hugs, this one is stiff and awkward.

"How'd it go?" I ask and he nods. "How are you?" He asks and I just simply nod.

"You see your dad?" He asks and I smile. "I did." I say and he raises an eyebrow. "How'd it go?" He asks. "Pretty standard." Other than the crying in his arms and admitting my pain.

I need you to fall asleep.

"I can't." I sigh and yawn. "You're coming?" He asks and I nod. He leans down and I jump on his back.

"Issac." I say wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you and I appreciate you. I don't think I tell you enough." I say and lean my head down and against his neck.

****
We get to the animal clinic and Lydia and Deaton were sat in the waiting room. "Sofia, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by applying some things." Deaton apologises and I nod and sit down. "That's okay." I shrug and Issac sits down beside me.

"I love you." He whispers and I smile and lean into him. "I love you too." I say kissing his cheek.

"I'm tired." I say to him and lean into his chest. "Go to sleep." He kisses my temple. "No." I say yawning.

Go to sleep Sofia!

My head starts burning and I gasp and pull away from Issac to hold my head. "Sof?" He asks as I practically see the fire.

"It hurts." I say trying to apply pressure elsewhere but it doesn't work.

"Calm down. Ive got you." He says squeezing my shoulders and I let oyt a loud groan of pain before the pain iver takes me.

Issac's POV
"Sof? Where you going?" I ask as she suddenly stands up. "Careful." Deaton warns as she heads to the door.

"What's wrong with her?" Lydia asks and I turn to Deaton. "She's being controlled, I think." He adds and I rush over to the door to follow her out.

"Issac seriously don't follow her." Deaton says and I spin to look at him. "You're joking." I sigh and he shakes his head no.

A loud gasping noise along with water splashing sends us all rushing into the room.

"I saw it. I know where it is." Scott gasps."We passed it. There's-- There's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big." Stiles adds

"It was the night we were looking for the body." Scott says and I look between them, confused. "Yeah, the same night you were bit by peter." Stiles nods.

"I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison says peering round to face them. "It was me. You almost hit me." Scott says and she gasps "We can find it." Scott says. I hope he has the same when he realises Sofia is gone.

"What?" Allison asks."You guys were out a long time." I inform them."How long is a long time?" Stiles asks. A long time. A long enough time that Sofia has ran home, seen her father, calmed down, came back here, fallen asleep and gone missing.

"16 hours." Deaton says. "We've been in the water for 16 hours?" Scott says shocked."And the full moon rises in less than four." He adds.

"Sofia?" Scott asks me and I look over at Deaton. "She's uh... she's fine." I shrug and he looke around. "Where is she?" He asks and I sigh.

"She's currently being controlled by the devil." I say and he nods slowly. "So..." He asks confused. "So I need to go and find her." I say and he agrees.

"Get a lock on her scent." He says and before he can say anything I nod. "I already have." I say and he nods. "Just you know follow her scent." He says and I nod before rushing out the clinic doors.

****
I was deep in the woods when I heard a car arrive. I approach the car only to see Scott and Allison.

"Any luck?" Scott asks. "It's kinda chaotic. The weather isn't helping." I say and he nods.

"Just go with Allison and prioritise finding our parents." He says and my eyes widen. "Are you kidding me? I need to find Sofia." I demand and he sighs. "Please just go with her and find our parents. Then you can find Sofia." He begs and I roll my eyes.

"Scott." I warn and he sighs. "Please Issac." He asks and I roll my eyes again. I then follow Allison.

"Are you sure we're going in the right direction?" I ask Allison. "I know we're near it. Do you think you can pick up a scent?" She asks.

"If the wind wasn't so bad, I would've found Sofia's." I say when suddenly a familar nose fills my ears.

"This wind is awful." I hear Melissa say and stop in my tracks. "I can hear Melissa." I say and immediately follow the sound.

I find them by the tree stump and I look at Allison confused.

She rushes over to her dsd and hugs him. "How did you guys get out?" I ask confused. "Sofia actually got us out. She wouldn't actually talk to us and the second we were out, she ran off." Sheriff says and my eyes widen. "Do tou know where she went?" I ask they point in a direction.

"Issac, it's too risky." Allison warns and I roll my eyes. "I really don't care." I say before rushing off into the direction they pointed me into.

I walk what seems like a million different routes before I got to this building.

Scott and Derek were walking away from it. "Everyone's fine." I clarify.

"Sofia. She was here. She killed Jennifer and left abruptly." Scott says and I sigh. "Shit." I mutter and look around.

"I need to find her." I say and follow her scent.

****
I end up outside thr McCall house to Sofia covered in ash and completely passed out on the porch.

"Shit." I say and pick her up. I open the door and carry her inside. I head up to her room and lie her down on her bed.

She stirrs slightly but I kiss her cheek. "You're alright." I whisper and get ready for bed. I lie beside her and just watch her sleep.

"What have you been up to?" I whisper tucking some hair behind her ear.

"No. No!" She whimpers. "They do. You're lying. Please stop." She says and starts stirring.

"Please." She cries and I move closer to her. "Sofia." I say reassuringly. "I did what you asked." She mumbles.

"Please don't!" She shouts. "Stop please don't." She yells. "Please don't." She cries and Scott and her mom open her bedroom door.

"I'm sorry!" She cries and lets out the worse scream of pain before jolting up. I sit up beside her and pull her closer to me.

"Issac?" She asks whilst crying. "That's me." I say stroking her back.

"Hey Sof, you okay?" Scott asks and she pulls away from me and nods slowly.

"I just wanted to say thank you, for earlier." Melissa says and she nods again. "That's fine." She shrugs and Scott nods. "And me, thank you." Scott adds.

"It's okay guys, you can leave." She shrugs and they smile at her sympathetically. "Keep her close." Scott mutters for me to hear as he walks away. I don't think he understands that I am here for Sofia over everything. I love her and I will always keep her close.