Chapter 9

I'm not talking to Scott. In fact I'm not talking to anyone. I've been hiding in my room, refusing to talk to anyone and everyone.

Mom had left for work when Scott knocked on my bedroom door.

"Sofia, I'm sorry. I know breaking your phone was too far, I really am sorry." He apologises and I just roll my eyes. "Anyway, I'm heading out. I'll see you later." He shouts but I don't respond.

I wait to hear Scott leave before I head downstairs for something to eat.

I sat on the sofa eating a cookie when there was a knock at the door.

I sigh and head over to the door, which I open.

"Hey. Oh-" Toby says looking at my outfit. I look down and realise im in some sweatpants and a sports bra. "Sorry, come in." I say and walk to the living room to cover myself in a blanket.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you." He says and I nod slowly. "I broke my phone." I say and tears prick my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod fastly and take a deep breath so my tears don't leak out of my eyes.

"Sof..." He says not believing me. I sigh and suddenly the tears came oozing out of me. He wraps his arms around me as I begin to cry into his chest.

When I calmed down I take a step back and wipe my eyes. "Im so sorry. That's so embarrassing." I say and he smiles sympathetically and cups my cheek. "It's okay." He says and I sigh.

"Where are you going?" I ask noticing his outfit. "Lydia's birthday party, do you wanna come?" He asks and I sigh. It would be such a good distraction.

"Sure, give me 5 to get ready. Make yourself at home." I say and head upstairs.

I throw on an emerald green satin dress and do my makeup as quick as I can. I throw on my black converse and head downstairs.

"You were so fast and you look so amazing." He says and I smile. "Thank you." I say and he places a soft kiss on my lips before leading me to his car.

When we get to Lydia's, Toby takes my hand and we walk to the front door. He rings the doorbell and Lydia opens the door.

"Happy birthday." I say and she smiles. "You're finally here." She says and I raise an eyebrow. "I had no clue I was invited." I say and she smiles. "Everyone's invited." She says gesturing for us to come in.

She links arms with my free arm and starts talking about my shoes.

"I don't have any heels." I say and she gasps. "I need to give you a makeover. It will be fun. Now that you're friends with Allison, you're friends with me. And that means new clothes, shoes, jewellery, etc." She says and I nod slowly.

"Anyway... Have fun and don't forget to try the punch." She says leaving us by the gardens doors. "Wow." I say and he nods.

"I'm gonna go talk to Allison, she looks lonley." I say and he nods. "I'll get some punch and meet you over there." He says and I kiss his cheek and walk over to Allison.

"Hi." I say and she smiles softly at me. "Hi." She smiles back.

"Why aren't you with Scott?" I ask and she shrugs. "He's annoyed at me." She says and I nod slowly. "Oh." I say.

"Toby is very smitten with you." She says and I smile. Toby walks back over to us with Matt.

"Allison can I talk to you for a minute?" Matt asks and she nods slowly before following behind him.

"Thank you." I say and take a sip of my punch. "This is amazing." I say and he agrees with me. I take another swig of my drink and begin to dance with him.

I was really enjoying myself with Toby so far tonight. "I'm gonna use the rest room." He says and I nod as he walks away.

"Sofia!" Issac yells making me turn around. "Issac?" I ask confused. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He yells and I flinch.

Why is he shouting at me? Issac's never shouted at me.

"You left me. You left me for him." He says pointing at Toby. "I didn't. I didn't leave you." I say and he scoffs. "I came back for you and you left me for him. My life is so much more difficult compared to yours. You promised to be my friend forever. Now you're kicking me out of your bedroom and will hardly look at me. You're selfish. You're making this all  about you." He says and I shake my head crying.

"Issac please." I sob as he makes his way towards me. "You disgust me." He spits and my breathing hitches. "I'm so sorry." I say and suddenly Erica was in his arms.

"You really are pathetic." She says and they both begin to laugh.

"Hey I got you another cup." Toby says and I blink, both Erica and Issac were gone. I look around confused.

"What is it?" Toby asks. "I just, I feel odd." I say holding my head.

"Did you see Issac and Erica by any chance?" I ask and he looks around. "No ." He says and I slowly nod.

"Sofia." Scott says sternly coming to my side. "Go away." I say and he sighs. "Sofia the punch is spiked, are you okay?" He asks and I turn away from him.

"Have you been drinking?" Scott asks Toby. "I had a sip." He admits. "You're fine. Just get her out of here." He says and Toby nods slowly.

****
When I get home I lock myself in my room, literally. Mom is working late and I don't know where Scott it, so I didn't need to, but I did.

I get into some sweatpants and a sports bra and lie on my bed again.