Disclaimer and Introduction

DISCLAIMER: MOMENTS: A BWWM SHORT STORY COLLECTION IS THE COPYRIGHTED WORK OF STEPHEN J. EGNER FOR VIEWING ON WATTPAD. IF YOU ARE READING THIS WORK ON ANY OTHER SITE, IT HAS BEEN TAKEN WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S PERMISSION AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED STOLEN. TO ALL THOSE LOOKING TO POST OR PUBLISH MOMENTS ON ALTERNATIVE PLATFORMS, I THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST BUT AM NOT LOOKING TO PURSUE SUCH OPTIONS AT THIS TIME.

Hello and welcome to my first BWWM short story collection. This project started because of this very site, but I must confess the genesis of the idea was not necessarily a positive one. While there is dearth of BWWM content on Wattpad, a lot of it is features gratuitous sex and cliched plots in place of, say, solid writing and well-rounded characters. In addition, I noticed most BWWM works were written by black women, and the other side of the equation was mostly absent. Not content to let things remain as they were, I decided to throw my proverbial hat into the ring with a side project while I worked on my novels.

I must confess that the following collection can be a bit... patchy at times, especially in the beginning. It took several stories to get a feel for what I was going for, and even once I found it there were times when I could've tried harder or stubbornly stuck with an idea that just didn't support a full story. That being said, I'm still proud of this work and it's a testament to its quality (and the enduring enthusiasm of its readers) that it continues to rack up views and votes long after I finished it.

I also have another BWWM short story collection (Memoirs) currently in progress, and though it takes a Fantasy/Sci-Fi bent instead of a slice-of-life one, I encourage you to give it a try if you're so inclined.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/279783684-memoirs-a-bwwm-fantasy-sci-fi-collection

Either way, thank you for your continued support and loyalty, as well as posting your quips and comments in the stories themselves. It always makes my day.

So without further ado, I hope you enjoy.