Earth-38

Year:2020 (same time as Earth-199999)

In the blink of an eye, you were transported to a room that was reasonably similar to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters but also different and somewhat darker.

"Hands in the air! Don't move!" someone commanded.

Immediately, you put your hands up in the air, terrified for your life. Looking around, you saw a group of people pointing their guns at you.

"I mean no harm. I come in peace!" you shouted, panicking.

A petite woman with short maroon hair approached you. Her gun remained aimed towards you as she asked, "Who are you? How did you get here?"

"Wait, don't shoot!" you pleaded, feeling even more panicked.

"I'm not a threat, I swear. I can prove it to you," you explained, keeping your hands raised.

"Supergirl, you need to come here quickly. We have a matter at hand," the short-haired woman called out.

A blonde girl in a superhero costume swiftly arrived beside the intimidating woman. "What do we have here, Director?" the blonde asked, trying to assess the situation.

"This woman appeared out of nowhere in the center of the D.E.O. with two large duffel bags and an odd device in her hand," the Director explained.

"She seems harmless. Let's take her to the interrogation room and see if we can gather any information," Supergirl suggested.

The Director instructed an agent to handcuff you and confiscate your belongings. "Please don't take my duffle bag. I have all my money in there," you pleaded, feeling apprehensive about the unfamiliar environment.

"You're a thief!" the Director immediately accused.

"What?! No, I'm not! Look, I'll tell you everything you want to know, just make sure all my things are left untouched. I beg of you," you calmly explained, hoping to alleviate their suspicions.

You watched as Supergirl and the Director exchanged silent glances, seemingly having a conversation without words. "Alright, my agent will take your belongings to the interrogation room with you. Now, let's not waste time. We need your information," the Director said, and you were swiftly taken to a room with glass walls.

Silently, you observed as the short-haired Director sat on the chair in front of you. "Now, could you tell us who you are and what you're doing here?" Supergirl asked.

"Okay..." you started, taking a deep breath before continuing. "My name is Y/n Stark. I am 25 years old, a scientist specializing in biotechnology, engineering, astrophysics, and more. I am also a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and an Avenger, and I'm from Earth-199999. I never intended to open a portal to this place, but I guess I failed to check the coordinates when I chose to open the portal here on Earth-38. You see, it all started when I found out I was pregnant with my fiancé's baby. When I told her the news, she got mad because she didn't want anything to do with my unborn child. We fought, and I ultimately broke up with her. That's when I decided I had to get as far away from her as possible. Staying in another country didn't help, so being the scientist that I am, together with my dad and our friends, we invented this device that allows me to jump back and forth into any universe of my choice, leading me here to your Earth and this place because I chose to come to Earth-38."

"Is that clear enough for both of you?" you asked after recounting the extended version of how you ended up at their headquarters.

"Avenger?!" the Director asked.

"Yes, we're also known as the Earth's Mightiest Heroes," you replied.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent?!" she inquired again.

"Yes, funny enough, I started as an Agent before joining the Avengers with my best friend, father, and ex... fiancé," you answered hesitantly, including the mention of your ex-fiancé.

"Portal Device?!" she questioned once more, earning a sigh from you. As if it wasn't challenging enough for her to believe when she knew the blonde girl in the corner, who was still processing your information and appeared dumbfounded.

"Yes, Director. A portal device. I can show you how it works if you want," you suggested.

"Pregnant? SHE got you pregnant?" Supergirl finally snapped out of her stupor and asked.

"Really? Out of all the things, that's what you're going to ask?" the Director chided Supergirl, earning a chuckle from you as you almost forgot you might still be in danger.

"Well, you can't blame me, Alex. She's a girl, and another girl got her pregnant," Supergirl retorted.

Alex, you thought, pleased to finally know the Director's name.

"How can you even believe that she's pregnant?" Alex asked the blonde superhero.

"I have super hearing, Alex. I can hear the fetal heartbeat," Supergirl casually stated as if it were an ordinary ability for humans.

Maybe she's also enhanced like my friends, you thought to yourself.

"So you're like enhanced?" you asked, fascinated by Supergirl's powers.

"No, actually, I'm an alien. I'm from the planet Krypton, and I get my powers from the Earth's sun," she proudly explained.

"Enough about me. Did a girl really get you pregnant? I mean, how is that even possible?" Supergirl asked again, eliciting a groan from Alex.

"Well yeah, I mean she has a..." you whistled, clapping your hands together and spreading them apart as far as the handcuffs would allow, gesturing to indicate Natasha's biological characteristics.

"Penis," you finished.

"Woah... that's cool!" Supergirl exclaimed, causing you to laugh.

"Please excuse my sister's inappropriate behavior. She's not usually like this," Alex apologized, finally accepting that you were not a threat.

"It's fine," you said, smiling at the two women in front of you.

Alex sighed, walking up to you and finally uncuffing your hands. "Sorry for restraining you. It's not every day we get visitors from other Earths," she apologized.

"I completely understand. It's protocol," you replied, smiling at her.

----------