25

On the way home, I found myself crying on the side of the road. I tried to control it, but I just can't. I'm certain that I needed to cry for a very long time in order to relieve the pain I'm currently experiencing.

We made a mistake, and I cheated and betrayed numerous people for him. I want to undo everything because I feel so foolish. I feel as though everything I did over the past few months has come to me.

I desperately wanted to flee with him, but that was not the right course of action. If we continued to act foolishly and run away together, nothing would change, and we might not be happy if we did.

My love for Tobias was intense, thrilling, and unforgettably memorable.

After two hours of me staying in the car, I started the engine and decided to drive home. I wish that I will never be in that situation again, crying inside of my car because I failed myself again and everyone that believed in me.

I park the car in the garage and slowly pick up my purse and walk inside; the lights in the house were dim and the kitchen was open; as I walk there to get water, I notice my brother drinking alone on a stool. He lifted his head and looked at me, I was holding my heels in my left hand and keys and purse in my right, I didn't react, I just put my things on the counter and slowly walked to the refrigerator to get the bottle of water.

I just stared at his back as I heard him sigh and drink quietly. He returned my gaze with a weak smile.

"You finally put an end to it," he says as I place the bottle of water beside me, nodding and trying to smile.

"It has to end, I'm not going to him and he's not going to be good to me," I said to the liquor behind the counter.

"After the engagement, you're going to leave the country and go to Spain," he said, looking at him. I didn't fully comprehend what he just said.

"I already told Dad," he says as I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I have school," I tell him, as he sighed and poured a drink into his glass.

"You'll finish it there... Dad wants you to get a master's degree abroad, and I think it's best for you right now to leave because Tobias won't marry Gabbie if you're here," he says.

"I've already stopped seeing him; why do I have to leave the country?" I wondered, massaging my temple.

"Go to sleep; I'll see you in the morning," he instructed. I rolled my eyes at him, grabbed my belongings, and walked away; I needed to sleep because I was dizzy from what he said.

I open my room door, throw my purse on the bed, and rush into my bathroom. When I feel about to vomit, I grip the side of the toilet and vomit. I get dizzier when I try to get tissue on the side, so I lean against the wall for a second and close my eyes.

"My nights are sucks..." I murmur as I try to stand up and wash my face and mouth.

I sighed and struggled to stand up. I pressed the toilet's button, shut it, and sat down on it to wash my face and brush my teeth. My hair is dripping as I take a hot bath, grab the robe from the side of the tub, and make my way to bed. 

I go to bed wishing that none of this had happened. I wish I could complain about my problems as well.

But it didn't happen; I awoke as the sun's rays warmed my face, I was still wearing my robe, and my hair was a mess because I slept without drying it; I looked in the mirror and saw my face. It was swollen; I suppose this is my face when things go wrong.

I sighed and stood up, removing the comforter from my body. I use my finger to comb my hair, get my phone, and go to the bathroom to clean myself.

As I walk downstairs to have breakfast, I notice my parents are already eating. They all look at me, and I notice my father sigh.

I rolled my eyes because I don't care if they didn't like what happened yesterday when I didn't return to the table and left them, they're still bothering me with Tobias's questions.

"Good morning, Hija, take a seat and eat," Mom said with a smile. I drew the chair and seat and looked at the food in front of me, it looked like a feast. Even just for breakfast, there are so many dishes.

I sighed and went to get the bacon and toast and eat quietly until my mother spoke again.

"After you eat, we'll go to my friend and get your size for the dress you're going to wear to your father's birthday and also choose a dress for Tobias' engagement party," she explained.

I glanced at her, almost forgetting that it was almost my birthday and that I needed to celebrate it.

She smiled and looked at me, looking excited. "We're going to throw a big party for you in this mansion," she said. Well, I don't blame her; planning parties and attending parties are her things.

I didn't say anything, just listened to what she was going to do with my party. I really didn't care what theme she wanted for me because I've seen her plan parties for me since I was a child and I really like it. "I'm thinking about a white and beige theme for you. Now that you're twenty-two," she continued.

I gave her a slight smile and told her to do whatever she wanted, but I couldn't help but notice how quiet my father was as my mother spoke.

Until we finish eating and I see him clear his throat and look at me, I looked at him.

"Go to my studyroom Laurenza," he said, and I just nodded, assuming he was going to tell me about his plan to send me to Spain. So I just finished my studies there and am now pursuing my dream.

I walked alongside him, and I could feel Adriel behind my back. I rolled my eyes because Dad hadn't even called him, but his here was butting up against his nose.

When I entered his study room, his table was covered in white paperwork.

He sat in his chair, and I sat on the couch in his room, while Adriel leaned against the cabinet beside the door.

"I have plans for you Laurenza... Now that you're not seeing Tobias, I guess studying in Spain will be best for you," he said. I fixed my gaze on him.

"And where did this plan come from?" I asked my father before turning to face Adriel.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Don't blame your brother... In this."

"I know why Tobias was going to marry Gabbie," his father explained, "because you don't want to see Tobias and just pursue your dream like you said yesterday, and now was the perfect time for you to do it, especially since you already finished this year and can easily get your school paper and study in Spain."

I'm at a loss for words; I suppose Adriel really wanted me to avoid Tobias, and that was also my plan. so that we won't repeat our mistakes, to be away for him. I sigh and lean against the couch.

I asked my dad, "When do you want me to leave?"

"The night of your birthday," he said. I didn't expect that. Is this kind of joke?

"Because I know you don't want to see or hear Tobias getting married after your birthday," he said, and I froze. It was like someone dropped a bomb in front of me.

"He will marry Gabbie after my birthday?" I don't want to believe what he's been telling me, and all I've heard is him repeating to my ear that he will marry Gabbie, and it's slowly creeping up on me that this is the end.

"Yes... He will marry her," Adriel whispered behind my back.

"It was supposed to be after his engagement party, but Mom insisted on throwing a birthday party for you before you leave because she doesn't want you to celebrate your birthday alone in Spain," he explained.

I averted my gaze, licked my lower lips, and nodded slowly to what he was saying.

"All right... fine," I said.

I stood up, crossed my arms, and tried to gather myself. I swallow and clear my throat.

"I'll arrange my school papers and documents," I said as I exited the room.

Every time I go to that study room, I leave them there two. All I could hear were negative things. I remember the first time I went there, it was before I became a valedictorian, and my father yelled at me as a failure, saying that he was ashamed that I was his daughter, that I would never succeed, and that I was just Marchero. I despised it.

I used to despise the fact that I was always comparing myself, but not anymore. He stopped doing it, but he continued to put pressure on me. Making me do things for his benefit.

Xoxo, Arabella