"All set?" Izuku questions, now standing directly in front of you on his skates. You nod, and he offers his hand, which you gladly take. He helps you stand, and then you remember that it's been years since you've actually used roller skates.

"Oh gosh, I don't know about this." You admit uneasily, looking down at your feet.

Izuku gives your hand a light squeeze, making you turn your attention to him. "You'll be just fine. Once you relearn, you'll be skating around in no time."

You chuckle nervously but nevertheless allow Izuku to slowly guide you in the direction of the rink. Since it's a Sunday night, the rink is not super busy. What looks like to be only a few families and middle/high school friend groups seem to take up the majority of the rink. Izuku steps onto the wooden surface, and you hold on to the side of the wall.

"Okay, start taking baby steps," he instructs. You follow his instructions, and while still holding on to the wall, you take steps, moving very slowly around the perimeter of the rink. Once you feel comfortable with that, Izuku tells you to try pushing more of your weight from one foot to the other. You do, and you're basically skating after managing to get one complete cycle around the ring. "Do you want to try to let go of the wall?"

Feeling pretty good, you decide to try it. You waddle a few steps away from the wall and push yourself forward. You successfully manage, and when you turn around to Izuku, you feel your skates practically come out from under you. When you think you're gonna land on your ass, a pair of strong arms latch on to your waist to keep you from falling.

"You almost had it!" Izuku says, breath fanning your ear. He steadies you again, hands lingering on your waist. He skates around to stand in front of you, putting his hands out with his palms up. "Here."

You pout a little, irritated that you almost fell. Seeing all these little kids skate around, it almost feels like they're mocking you. Izuku has to bite back a laugh at your annoyance, but regardless, you take his hands, and as he skates backward, he pulls you along in a slow circle. After about halfway, you try to push your skates, allowing the momentum to come from you instead of Izuku. After you complete another circle, Izuku suddenly lets go of your hands, leaving you all by yourself for real. At first, you brace yourself, thinking that without his help, you might fall.

"Come on y/n/n!" Izuku encourages, now several feet ahead of you. With determination, you take a step and push yourself forward. This time, you know to keep your eyes forward as you shift your balance from each foot. Izuku stops, letting you slowly catch up. He turns, so he's facing you, and he holds his hands out wide, and you- not remembering how to break- roll right into his chest. His arms circle around your back, holding you close.

"Ouch," you mumble, hands now holding onto the back of Izuku's sweatshirt.

Izuku laughs, and you feel the happy vibrations resonate in your ear with the side of your face against his chest. The sound fills your stomach with butterflies, and you're glad he can't see your face. "That was great!" He praises, which doesn't help your blush. At all.

"Hey y/n?"

You take a breath and look up, and you both lock eyes. Izuku's kind smile is entrancing, and it makes you feel like his smile was made just for you. He bites his lip, suddenly nervous. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

It takes you a second to register his question, and when you do, you can't help the grin that sets on your face. "Yes, I would love to," you giggle, your entire body feeling jittery and light. You knew it would come up, but the excitement you feel with the question is almost indescribable. Izuku smiles too; a large grin that matches yours light up his face. You think it's the brightest smile you've ever seen. You like his smile.