- Take Care

Many years ago Kenpachi had a lover. She was the most beautiful woman, her [S/C] illuminated brightly under the sun, her voice comforting, her smell refreshing.

She was his everything.

She was the love of his life.

She was the mother of his unborn child.

She is dead.

He remembers the day he lost her like it was yesterday, the memory fresh in his mind. The metallic smell of her blood surrounding him. Enveloping him in a ghastly hug.

He had just finished one of his many fights for that day. Bodies of foolish men surrounding him. Once again he was disappointed. No one was good enough.

He decided to surprise her with a night out under the stars. All that was left to do was to get her and bring her there.

But everything went wrong too fast. One minute they were talking about their child, and another Kenpachi was holding her close to his chest running away from enforcers.

How could it all come to this in just a matter of hours?

The sound of her labored breathing rang through her ears, he could hear the footsteps of the enforcers gaining momentum. But he refused to stop, how could he when his woman was on the verge of death?

Life for Zaraki Kenpachi was anything but happy, it seemed that in every corner he turned there laid nothing but death, destruction, and despair.

"Kenny...please the baby--take him out of me and run..."

Despite her plea for him to rip the child out of her womb, he couldn't find it in himself to do so. In fact he would rather have them pass together--that way she would have someone to ease her mind while waiting for him.

"I'm sorry Kenny...im sorry I broke our family." she labored out on her final breath.

How could he find strength now? What use does he have to pick up his sword?

"Y/N...? Y/N! No, please! no! please, please don't leave me alone..." he cried collapsing onto his knees, her limp body clutched to his chest.

Who was he now?

What was his purpose?