"Have I?"

"I want to know what's going on. Why are you acting like this?"

"Maybe because I died, and as soon as you saw me you started quizzing me on something that is obviously someone's sick version of a joke."

"Stiles." He steps in front of me. "You're on that deadpool for 50 million dollars. get that in your head. 50 million." He says it slowly. "Garret is at this practice, and he has been staring at you since you stepped foot onto school property. All he knows is that you're worth a lot more than Liam, Kira or I, and he wants that money." I glance over his shoulder, unfazed as I meet Garrets eager gaze. "Stiles. He's watching you like a wolf watches a deer. And no offence, but you aren't powerful enough to stop him."

his words strike me, I swear I hear Void scoff. "I have a metal stick. I'm fine."

"That isn't going to be enough, Stiles. He an assassin. He will kill you, supernatural or not."

"I'm not supernatural, Scott."

"I know. I can smell it. You don't smell supernatural. You smell like an average teenage boy."

"Then why didn't you trust me when I said I didn't know what was going on?"

"Because you still smelled like Void up until you... died."

You're welcome.

What? Why?

I killed you, resetting your body in the process. Now he can't tell the difference between me and you. We smell as human to him as everyone else in this school.

Coaches whistle sounds from the other side of the field, the shrill sound long and loud, piercing my ears until he finally runs out of breath and stops. "Everyone gather up!" He yells, both Scott and I join the rest of the team in the center. "We will be working in pairs today, now finds partners before I find them for you." He blows the whistle again, just for the fun of it.

Scott and Liam partner up, unsurprising. The first sparing me an apologetic glance. Kira pairs with a kid with dark hair, though she doesn't look happy about it, her partner smiles at her, watching her with love in his eyes. I can almost imagine Scott's face as he watches this roll out.

A minute later, there are three of us left.

Me, Greenberg, and Garret.

"Greenberg, Stilinski. Who wants Garret?"

I raise my hand, an unwanted grin finding it's way onto my face.

"Greenberg. Go take a lap." Coach orders as I take my place at Garrets side, casting the boy a sideways smirk. Gosh. I really have gotten taller. Across the field, I find Scotts wide eyes. What did he expect?

Garret won't walk away from this practice.

Do you want your 56 minutes of control, Void?

Scott

"What is Stiles doing?" Liam asks me. "He's going to get himself killed."

"I- I don't know..." I watch as him and Garret take their positions across from each other. The grin on Garrets face diminishing into fear as my best friend continues to stare him down, the malicious smirk on his own face widening. What is he doing?

Coaches whistle cuts through our conversation. I have a feeling that he just likes how it makes everyone jump. "Alright ladies. Today we're going to practice checks without being called for illegal contact. Because apparently, based on our last game, that something you desperately need to work on." I curse under my breath. Stiles isn't going to survive this.