Chapter 17 🌟

Zacznij od początku

Like him and Katsuro, Masahiko has always been the faster sibling.

However, with Katsuro's extensive training he's managed to catch up to Hiko's level. Somewhat at least.

Sometimes, raw talent just beats hard work.

I'm also a quicker learner, it's been clear from the get go. I've adjusted to his fighting style and adapted as rapidly as I could, a terribly difficult feat for many shinobi who are far more experienced than myself.

And despite the fact that I have such a premature understanding of the sharingan, Masahiko doesn't miss how quickly I adapt to actively sparring with it.

I don't know any of this, all I know is that I'm trying my hardest against the red eyed beast in front of me- And somehow amidst all of the flips and close calls my bodies endured, I've managed to avoid falling flat on my face!!

Of course, he isn't really trying to stop me. He's testing me, watching the way I react to certain attacks, analyzing how quick my reflexes are, scoping out my current range of abilities.

And really, he's gotten all of the information he's needed out of me.

"We're done." He calmly announced, his hand wrapping around my ankle- catching me completely off guard as I was trying to land a kick on his face!

I shriek in surprise, losing my balance and letting the weight of my body give out on my standing leg. Gravity takes its course and I instantly drop to the ground rather clumsily, a far cry from the sharp and quick moves I displayed earlier.

Masahiko's grip on my ankle doesn't waver, resulting in me awkwardly dangling in the air and upside down. The tips of my ravenous locks graze against the hardwood floors and I gulp in suspense, sheepishly peering up at Masahiko.

"So...did I do good?" I squeak out, blood rushing from the tips of my toes down to the crest of my head. Masahiko sighs at me.

If he was going to give me any extra praise, I already managed to change his mind.

"You did fine." He states this blandly, letting go of my ankle and letting me drop to the floor in a giant slump, ignoring my shriek of terror as my face nearly pancakes onto the wooden grounds beneath us. Luckily, I have the reflexes of a cat and managed to avoid dropping flat on my face.

"Would it have killed you to let me down gently?!" I groan, laying down like a starfish with my hair fanned out all around me. I stare up at the ceiling, deactivating my sharingan and waiting for the room to stop spinning. Oh god- What if I have a concussion?!

"Yeah, it would've given me a stroke." He mutters sarcastically, hand resting on the handle of his katana languidly in his usual pose. Funnily enough, I've seen enough pictures of my father as an adolescent to know that the two even stand the same way.

Lord sixth, also known as my uncle Kakashi, always marvelled at Hiko and his similarities to our father. It's no stretch to say that Hiko's always been the former hokage's favorite, as Kakashi took it upon himself to train Masahiko personally.

Just like he had with my father, apparently.

It's not to say uncle Kakashi doesn't love all of us, because he does! Masahiko is just the one who clicks with him the best, I remember it clearly growing up!

••Flashback••

Kakashi was still serving as hokage at the time, as Haruki and I were only around four years old. Our mother had just recently woken up from her two year long coma, and it's been around a week since she's been dispatched from the hospital.