FIFTEEN: An Unexpected Confession

Night had come in Auradon. The older VKs, Ben, and Doug were still awake, their minds still awhirl with the information they just learned. They all couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that they were now supposed to be the saviors of Auradon. Granted it was something that they knew already considering they were only people in the kingdom (with the exception of Audrey) still awake, but it was quite another thing for it to be confirmed by the gods via a prophecy. And the pressure only mounted with the knowledge that if they failed, then both Auradon and Olympus would ultimately fall. It was a lot for them to process, and they all had no idea what their next step would be.

Harry was walking around Evie's house, opening the door to a room. Inside, Squeaky and Squirmy were on opposite ends of the king-sized bed with Dizzy in the middle. CJ laid at the foot of the bed, her hand still holding onto Dizzy. To his surprise, Helena was also there too. The daughter of Hades was kneeling in front of the bed, her eyes closed as she muttered words that Harry couldn't understand but recognized as Greek.

"What are you doing in here, Spitfire?" asked the Hook boy as he closed the door behind him.

"Praying," She answered, not turning around to face him having recognized his voice.  "I know that the gods might be ignoring us right now, but I figured it might still be worth a shot."

Harry walked up to the bed and kneeled down beside the brunette princess. "What are you asking them for?"

She gestured to the sleeping kids, "To watch over them, make sure that they remain safe in the midst of all this chaos."

"Let's hope that they actually hear you this time."

"I'm sorry." Harry's head snapped over to Helena, stunned at her words. What was she apologizing for? He followed her gaze to see her eyes on CJ's sleeping figure. "I promised you and Harriet that I would look out for her and -"

"You did just that," He replied in an instant. "You've always been looking out for her, Spitfire. This isn't your fault."

Helena shook her head, "I'm the daughter of Hades and Persephone, blood of Olympus. I could've done more for them, for us."

"You've done more than enough, Spitfire. You are more than enough."

"She has a list of things she wanted to show you or do with you when you got to Auradon, and a separate list for Harriet. But now, you're here and she's -"

"Safe," Harry interrupted. "My little sister is safe, and so are Squeaky, Squirmy, and Dizzy. Sure, the circumstances could be better, but the kids aren't in any danger."

Harry knew that Helena was beating herself up right now. She was always tough on herself, even more so when someone she cares for gets hurt. And right now, she wanted him to be as mad with her as she was with herself, but he couldn't. Harry was the furthest thing from upset with the daughter of Hades. Helena has always looked after CJ as if she were her own sister, keeping an eye on her even when Harriet and Harry couldn't. If anything, Harry was grateful to Helena and everything that she's done for that she's done for his little sister.

Helena snorted a bit, finally turning to face Harry. "That was a surprisingly positive statement coming from you."

"Yeah, I think this stupid kingdom is rubbing off on me."

"It's not a bad look on you." Helena laughed before standing up. "Come on. I think it's best if we go."

Harry nodded and stood up, planting a small kiss on his little sister's forehead. Helena watched the scene before her silently and smiled. It was rare for the Hook boy to show affection and tenderness, and it always warmed Helena's heart whenever she saw it.