CHPT. 29 Contract of contract

Começar do início

But he felt fear in himself. The pair of eyes he met weren't the usual blue and gold, but a venomous red and black. Paired with a smirk that he had witnessed far to many times.

"Ehem― Regarding your debt, Morax. What is the equivalence to my life? What can you offer that could match my sacrifice?"

Alastor smirked, marvelling Zhongli's conflicted expression. True, that he did not die, but jumping into the raging sea just to drag Osial back to his seal was a self-sacrifice. Everybody in Liyue would have expected for him to die during his heroic actions, but he was different.

Alastor was incapable of dying. Not after the first time.

"Well, I suppose it is questionable since I am sitting in front of you. But then~"

He spoke in a sing-song tone, a cheshire grin gracing his pale countenance.

"My entire body was ripped to pieces. And my power alone was depleted in an instant."

Zhongli's face paled at the statement. His voice and tone were serious, get his expression and eyes showed how much he didn't care for it. Trembling slightly, the tea spilling a bit, his Amber eyes falling on Alastor's mismatched eyes.

Abruptly standing up, he moved toward Alastor, glaring down at the demon. He frowned, noticing how Alastor flinched at his gaze and laughed nervously ― avoiding eye contact. The almighty demon he was, but everyone had trauma, right?

"Just why... Why did you sacrifice yourself?"

Surprised by such a question, Alastor blinked before smiling, his head tilted to the side. He didn't feel like answering but watched as Zhongli broke down. The Geo Archon falling into a worse mess then he was when they met in that burning plain.

Alastor never expected for Zhongli be affected so much. How could he? It was Morax who caused one of his many traumas in the first place. Honestly, he could laugh if he wanted to.

"You didn't have to... You aren't supposed to..." Unable to finish his sentences, Zhongli trembled, tightly grasping Alastor's shoulders.

He gulped, not noticing the stream of tears to fall down his cheeks. He fell to his knees, gritting his teeth at his weakness. Zhongli didn't dare to look up, knowing that Alastor either wore a mocking expression or a disappointed one.

But he froze, feeling a hand caress his head. It felt familiar. It was like how Guizhong did thousands of years ago. Out of impulse, he snapped his gaze toward Alastor, tearing up even more.

A soft smile he wore, pushing Zhongli's head towards his chest. The god cried, apologizing over and over again. The memories filled with pain and sorrow, guilt and regret ― it all came flooding into him.

"Stop crying now. You're acting like a child Rex."

His blood ran cold at the nickname. It was the same as Guizhong. What was happening to him? Why all of a sudden did Alastor seem to resemble Guizhong?

Alastor smiled, letting him rest his head on his shoulder. He held the trembling Rex Lapis, rubbing circles in his back as he whispered words of comfort. He whispered sweet nothings, trying to calm him down.

But he was a demon. He wasn't a saint that comforted his enemies. He wasn't the type of person to treat those who wronged him kindly. Alastor didn't want to be forgiving.... Just yet.

"You don't deserve to cry."

He whispered, a mocking grin on his lips. He felt, Zhongli stiffen, he felt the regret.