( 𝟎𝟓𝟑 ) medicine run

Start from the beginning

Zoe nodded, "That's good. You should go." She encouraged, knowing that it was going to be hard, not seeing him during that time, but she somehow doubted that she would be awake during that time, anyway, since right now, she felt like she could sleep through anything, just standing up right now, made her exhausted, and she just wanted to crawl back into bed. She couldn't imagine getting this flu if she wasn't in the safe compounds of the prison, being on the road feeling this weak would definitely kill someone.

"Are you sure? I could.." Nate began to explain, only for Zoe to hold up her hand to stop him, knowing that it could be good for him to go on a run with Daryl, without her. She loved spending time with him, it was her favourite thing to do, but she knew that he needed to hang out with Daryl just the two of them, knowing that they hadn't done that in a while. Granted, she hasn't exactly spent as much time with Carl as she would have liked, but it's not like she could hang out with him, now, though.

"No, Nate, honestly, it's fine. I feel like I could sleep for days, anyway." Zoe said, giving him a smile that didn't convince him at all. She was feeling rough, and she just needed to sit down. "You go with Daryl, and get me some antibiotics." She added, her smile looking like she had drank a whole bottle of vodka, looking like she was as drunk as anything — the sight made Nate's heart break in two, seeing her look so sick and weak. He knew that he had to go on that medicine run, because he couldn't sit back and watch as the girl became more ill, he was going to get the medicine for her, no matter what.

Nate didn't like the idea of leaving Zoe here, in case something were to happen to her whilst he was gone, but at the same time, he couldn't sit around and not try to help his brother getting the medication needed to help all of the sick people. That, and he couldn't exactly say no to this girl, so when she packed a few things and headed to the isolation block, he couldn't do anything but watch her go with a longing look, knowing that he now had to go and find Rick to tell him that his daughter had caught the flu that was killing people. Rick wouldn't leave the prison, no matter what, so he felt better that the man was here looking over Zoe in case anything happened to her, enough that he felt confident about leaving. "Rick!" Nate called out, seeing the man in the farm, minding his own business, a bandage on his hand that he hadn't noticed before today, so it must have happened earlier on in the day.

Rick instantly noticed the look on Nate's face as the boy approached him, and he didn't like it one bit. "What happened?" He asked, noticing that Zoe wasn't next to him, already showing him that something was wrong. It wasn't like the two teenagers were unable to go a minute without each other, but every second they did have, to spend together, they did, knowing that one day it all might come crashing down upon them all — Rick often wished he had done the same with Lori, and he will forever regret that he didn't act like Nate was with his daughter.

Nate sighed as Rick walked the test of the way to meet him; he didn't know how to tell this man that his daughter had come down with the flu, he wished that he didn't, but he knew that Zoe wouldn't ask anyone to do so, not wanting to worry him. "Zoe's sick, she's gone to isolate with the others." He eventually spoke up, knowing that he had to rip it off like a bandaid.

Rick closed his eyes as he ran his hand down his face in stress, "Oh, god." He mumbled, not knowing what to do with this information. The last time he had seen his daughter, she looked completely fine, better than fine, actually, she had handled herself well in the attack in the cell block, and he thought that she wouldn't catch this sickness — she wouldn't have taken herself to isolation if she definitely didn't think she had it. "Is she there now?" He asked, finally looking at Nate, who nodded his head.