tendou s. | making it right

x fem!reader | request: @Angleslut
word count: 2500
warnings: there are some bad words but they're not too terrible

it seemed like murphy's law was in full effect. or at least, that's what y/n told herself when she tried to explain all the things that had gone wrong that morning. she woke up at the same time she did every day so, theoretically, there wasn't any reason for her to be late to class. except, she ran out of toothpaste and spent ten minutes looking for the spare she usually kept under the sink. she soon realized that she already used the second tube and had forgotten to buy a replacement so she had to use her roommate's weird cinnamon flavored toothpaste instead. it wasn't that big of a deal, she thought, at least her teeth were clean. then the next tragedy occured. as  y/n was putting on her shoes, she found a large hole that exposed the tip of her big toe. it took her another ten minutes to find and wrap some duct tape around the tip of her shoe to cover the tear but by that point she was already way past the time she usually left for class. there was nothing left for y/n to do but to sprint to the designated building, in hopes of making it on time. she hadn't realized that in her haste to get out of the door, she left her most important school books on her desk.

even though she made it to class with a couple of minutes to spare, her teacher was quick to send her back to her dorm to get her books. if there was one thing shiratorizawa cared about more than promptness, it was being prepared. so, with a signed teacher's note in hand allowing her to travel to and from class, she walked back to her dorm to grab what she had forgotten. and if she thought her day couldn't get any worse, y/n would quickly realize how wrong she was.

rounding the corner to her class hall, she ran into what she considered the worst thing that could've happened to her all day. there he was, her boyfriend sucking the face of a second year in the middle of the walkway. y/n wished she could say that she was surprised but to be honest, she had her suspicions that something was wrong the last couple of days. he had been leaving messages read but unanswered, not returning her phone calls, and blowing off plans at the last minute. she was waiting for the end of the day to have a conversation with him but considering that she had caught him in the act, now was as good a time as any. y/n took the last couple of steps towards them and watched them separate clumsily when they saw her getting closer.

"y/n, i swear this isn't what it looks like," he pathetically tried to explain but she wasn't having any of it. her day had been shitty enough and she didn't need his lies on top of it all.

"really? because it looks like you two were having a moment there," she shifted her gaze between the two. it was almost amusing to watch them look uncomfortably at each other while thinking of what to tell her.

"i mean if you want to call it that but it didn't mean anything," he spoke quickly as if hoping to get her to stay and listen. the second year girl, who y/n didn't recognize, looked at him in her own shock. it was clear to everyone there that the kiss meant something to her. maybe she even thought a relationship would come out of it.

"if it didn't mean anything then why would you do it? because i know this isn't the first time it's happened," y/n didn't really care what came out of his mouth at this point, she knew what was going to happen at the end of the conversation regardless of what he said.

"i don't know, i just wanted to know what it would feel like to be with someone else," she rolled her eyes. of course he did, he had never been the type to commit to something for so long.

"you do realize that we could have broken up right?" y/n started, "if you told me that you felt that way, we could have called things off peacefully and you wouldn't have to go through the trouble of sneaking behind my back to be with someone else."