ushijima w. | you know me

x fem!reader
word count: 2051

a couple of months ago y/n's cousin had told her about some video she saw that she thought was, in her words, 'cute as hell'. the video in question was a girl pretending to be asleep when her husband got home after picking up their kids from school. y/n couldn't help but admit that it was cute. watching the man usher his kids out of the room quietly to allow his wife to get some sleep was endearing and she found herself wondering what her own boyfriend would do if he found her in a similar position. her cousin told her that she tried it on her fiance and said that he acted so soft around her, trying his best not to wake her up. if y/n was being completely honest, as much as she wanted to try it on her boyfriend, she didn't think he would do anything other than cover her with a blanket and leave her wherever she was while he did what he needed to do.

with that final thought, she soon forgot about the video. besides, she didn't have the time to be dwelling on silly things like that. final exams were right around the corner and the amount of stress that came with this time of year was only increasing as y/n found her pile of homework growing taller by the day. she tried not to show it but all the stress was causing a physical and mental strain that affected her more than she would have liked to admit. not only was she sleeping less the past couple of weeks but she had been having more painful headaches and she found herself eating less full meals as she had mainly relied on snacks to keep her energized. she also didn't realize that she hadn't been talking to her boyfriend as much as she used to. it wasn't until he stopped her in the hallway and pointed out her exhausted appearance that she realized she had been overworking herself again.

in an attempt to ease some of her worries, ushijima invited y/n to his room that night to help her complete some of her assignments and study for their upcoming exams. disregarding the fact that it was a tuesday night, and that they could get in trouble for having a girl in the boy dorms, y/n agreed and took his room key after he told her to wait for him there while he finished practice. so, for the rest of the day she made sure to take it easy, focusing on one class at a time and before she knew it, the school day was over. as soon as their teacher let them go for the day, she was making her way to her locker to grab all her assigned school work before walking to ushijima's room. considering the fact that she had been over so much, it didn't take y/n long to get situated at her boyfriend's desk and get started on her work, hoping to minimize the amount of assignments she would have to do when ushijima got back from practice.

three hours. three hours of continuous work was enough to strain her for what she felt was the rest of her life. closer to five-thirty that afternoon, y/n decided it was a good time for her to take a break and eat some of the snacks she had brought from her own dorm. while she ate, she scrolled through her phone and watched some more of the videos her cousin sent her about her fiance and that 'challenge' she tried on him. it didn't take much thought for her to decide that she did want to try it on her boyfriend out of pure curiosity. with a quick glance at the time, y/n got into ushijima's bed a couple of minutes before practice was supposed to be over. after fifteen minutes of playing on her phone, y/n heard the voices of some of the boys on the team walking in the hall just outside the door. she knew her boyfriend would be back soon so she calmly set her phone down and curled herself up on the bed, trying to sell the act of her being asleep.

y/n hadn't realized how hard it would be to keep a straight face. the second ushijima opened the door, she nearly broke out in laughter. surprisingly though, she was able to keep her composure long enough to see how ushijima would treat her when he knew she was resting after all the stress she put herself through. the room was relatively silent, the only sound in the room was ushijima walking around, most likely getting himself cleaned up after practice and grabbing something to eat before he started studying. in her head, all she could think about was how long she would have to keep the act up and how exactly she would 'wake up'. so completely lost in thought, y/n was caught off guard when she felt ushijima's surprisingly soft fingers brush some of her hair out of her face.