"No!" Elena shouted.

"I'm going to make this very simple— Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition," Klaus said, having moved so everyone would have a clearer view of what's to come. "It's quite horrible, actually."

"Quite," Madelyn agreed. "Very slow. Agonizing. The works."

Klaus smirked, biting into his wrist as everyone was looking at the brunette. When they heard Tyler's muffled protests they turned to see Klaus forcing his blood into the wolf's system.

"I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake..." Klaus positioned his hands to snap the wolf's neck. "You better hurry."

Snap!

~

The teens were gathered around Tyler's limp body while the vampires had sat on the bleachers, listening to them talk.

"He killed him," Matt said.

"He's not dead. Klaus's blood will turn him into a vampire," Elena said.

"And if Bonnie's successful," Klaus interrupted, "he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena... for safe-keeping." 

Bonnie and Elena shared a look before the witch and Matt headed for the exit.

"You go with them, Madelyn."

"With pleasure." Madelyn smirked, jogging after them.

"What're you gonna do?" Matt asked Bonnie.

"I have no idea," she answered. "The curse he's talking about is a thousand years old. My grimoires don't go back that far."

"Can you ask those dead witches that helped you before?" 

"I don't have contact with them anymore— they cut me off when I brought Jeremy back to life," Bonnie rushed out frantically.

"Might I offer a solution?" Madelyn said, coming up alongside the witch. "I know a thing or two about witches, especially the dead ones."

"You're only helping us for Klaus," Matt accused angrily.

"Quite the contrary," Madelyn said. "I'm rather fond of witches, but, as you know, witches aren't very fond of vampires, much less the Mikaelsons. But some covens tolerated me, including your ancestors, Bonnie."

"My ancestors? Why?"

"Because I kept the Mikaelsons from abusing the witches' power— kept them safe from the Originals for centuries. For that, they are forever indebted, even in death."

"How would that help us keep Tyler alive?" Matt asked.

"I know a witch who can help, but I need Bonnie to cast a spell so I can contact them," Madelyn explained. "It should be a rather simple spell for someone of your power."

"I don't have a lot of power," Bonnie said. "Not as much as before."

"Don't doubt yourself, Bonnie," Madelyn chided. "You're a Bennett witch."

"And why should we trust you?" Matt asked.

"Because— no matter how loyal I am to the Mikaelsons— I was a witch first."

~

Madelyn, Bonnie, and Matt arrived at the Bennett household, walking up the porch steps. The two teens simply walked in while Madelyn waited, her annoyance growing.

"Excuse me. You seem to have forgotten my invitation," Madelyn said. "Unless you prefer to do the spell on the porch."

Bonnie turned to face her. "How do I know you won't just kill us if I do invite you in? You are one of Klaus's allies after all."