Chapter 6 Jack Sparrow

ابدأ من البداية

“Oh, sorry,” I apologized even though I did not feel the least bit sorry at all.

He stood straighter as he pulled his pistol out to shine it. “It doesn’t matter. As you can see I’ve had been with many women. Which woman was that woman that I was with that is the mother of you?”

“Alyson Barbossa.”

His lifted his eyebrow at me, and frowned. “I don’t recall ever laying a finger on that particular woman.”

“You didn’t,” I informed. “You are not really my father.”

“Ahh. Well, I figured that much seeing as you and I don’t look anything alike. So tell me, what is it you really want?”

I frowned, as he still seemed off balance. “Maybe we can talk when you are a little more sober.”

He looked mildly stunned by my comment. “I’m not drunk. I have not had meself a drop of rum in nearly two days. Speaking of which…”

He grabbed a half empty bottle of rum from a short stumbling man passing by and drank some. “Now I, in fact, am drunk.” He held the bottle out to me. “Care for some?”

I sighed taking the bottle, figuring that there was not much difference between drunk Jack and sober Jack. The moment the liquor touched my tongue I spit it out coughing.

“That’s disgusting!” I choked handing the bottle back to him. “How do you stand it?”

Grinning, he took the bottle back, declaring, “In time, you will grew to love this stuff, may even call it your best friend, or love.”

“Right,” I mumbled unconvinced that would ever happen.

“You’ve still not told me why it is you seek me,” Jack reminded me.

“You call yourself Captain Jack Sparrow,” I began, eying him curiously, “but doesn’t a captain have a ship?”

“Yes, and the man I presume to be your father stole the ship that was once mine from me,” he explained bitterly.

“And I suppose you want it back.”

He gazed up and nodded. “Yes, that would be nice.”

“Well then, perhaps we can work together to get you your ship back,” I suggested. “I can be your partner, kind of like a side-kick.”

He looked back down upon me with suspicious eyes. “Are you not a bit too small, not to mention, are you not the daughter of the man who in fact lead a mutiny against me?”

I stood up straighter, taking another bite of my apple, as I spoke with more confidence. “What if I were to tell you that I led that man, who is my father and his crew, to a cursed treasure that would make them unable to enjoy pleasures such as this?”

Jack, to his own surprise, actually seemed impressed. “You cursed your own father?”

“My loyalties are not with him.”

“I see, so where exactly do your loyalties lie?”

Before I had the chance to answer the wall beside us crumbled as Cranker, one of the Dutchman’s crewmembers broke through, followed by the others.

“Davy Jones,” Jack muttered knowing these sea monsters then uttered louder, “The time has not yet come for my debt to be paid.”

Cranker smiled mischievously. “Jones knows that, and he will come for you when it is time. We’re here for her.”

“Her?” Jack looked down at me befuddled. “Jones?”

“That’s where my loyalties lie,” I mumbled, weakly. “And that’s also the real reason you are not captain.”

“And don’t you forget it.” Cranker grabbed my arm, pulling me away, the rest of the crew followed as the people of the tavern watched in fear and confusion. He turned back to Jack and added, “Oh, and Davy Jones sends his regards.”

I dropped my apple as Cranker tugged me. As we disappeared into the ocean, the last thing I saw when I turned back was Jack’s puzzled expression.