𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 2

♕

THREE YEARS LATER...

After you were released from the hospital, you were sent to a halfway house for 3 months, while there you visited the team and Spencer.

Despite your worries, things didn't seem too awkward at all. I mean, you and Spencer spent a lot of the time crying together, but it was a good bonding experience.

While at the halfway house you planned a trip to travel the world, after your three-month stay you took off. You went through Australia, to Asia, then to Africa, from there, traveling all the way to Europe, then traveling back to the US settling in DC.

You sent a postcard to the team everywhere you went, and you called Spencer every so often, and life was good.

Once you got an apartment in DC, as much as you sometimes hated this city, you also loved it so much.

You had to job search for a while, you were employed several times, but let go pretty quickly.

Until you finally got a job as a waitress, at a diner. You had to wear roller skates but you found it quite enjoyable.

You stopped calling Spencer a year and a half ago, he seemed happy, and you didn't want to ruin that for him.

While walking to work one morning, you took a detour through the park. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the sky was blue, the birds were chirping.

The park was full of people, soaking in up the summer sun. Walking past a large patch of grass, you came across a familiar face.

It was Spencer, with another woman. Jokily, he picked her up and ran into the sprinklers, soaking both of them.

You could hear her cheerful screams and his hysterical laughs. Surprisingly, you weren't sad about it, in fact, you couldn't help but smile watching the happy couple.

And in that very moment, you felt you could truly let Spencer go... I mean, he had always been in your heart, but now you knew for sure that it was time to move on.

Weirdly, Spencer wasn't the only familiar face you saw that day.

"Y/n, can you take the customer on table 6?" Your colleague asked.

"Ruby, my shift is about to end?" You shout from the kitchen as you placed the plates in the sink.

"Yeah, well my shift just ended" She pointed out.

"Ugh, ok, I'll be there in a sec" you called back, grabbing your notepad and rolling back into the diner.

"Hello, I'm Y/n, I'll be-" you paused looking up at the table and realizing it was Dr. Allison.
"your server today" you continued slowly.
"Hello"

"Hello again, how are you?" Dr. Allison asked. asked.

"I'm good" You beamed.
"Y'know you're the second familiar face I've seen today"

"Who else did you see?" Dr. Allison questioned

"Spencer... He seems happy" You replied.
"Dr. Allison I honestly can't believe it's you."

"Please, you're not my patient anymore, call me Amelia or Ally or Amy." Amelia chuckled.
"I like your rollerskates"

"They're cool aren't they." You giggled.
"Look they even light up."

"Very cool. So how has everything been?" She asked curiously.

"Not bad, I mean I've been let go from quite a few jobs, but this one seems to have stuck." You sighed.
"So, what are you doing here?"

"Honestly, I was bored, and I saw this place... And I was really hoping to meet a really hot waitress on rollerskates." Dr. Allion explained.

"I'm sorry to disappoint" You let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Don't be so stupid, you are absolutely gorgeous."

"I could say the same about you" you flirted.
"Anyway, let do my job... What can I get for you all?"

"I'll have a cheeseburger and fries, with a vanilla milkshake with two straws" Amelia ordered.

"Oh, are you waiting for someone?" You questioned.

"No, but uh- earlier, I heard you said to your colleague that your shift was about to end, so I thought you'd perhaps you'd like to join me?" she replied confidently.
"And of course, get yourself anything."

"I would love to join you." you smiled
"I'll be back."

Hurrying into the bathroom with your backpack, you fixed up your makeup and hair, then rolled back over to her with the order.

"So besides being a really good waitress, what else have you been up to," Amelia asked sipping the shake, in what you would describe as 'seductively,' although she's hot so, it could just be your brain playing tricks on you

"I directed a theatre adaption of beauty and the beast" you replied.
"I don't completely know how that happened. It was kind of an impulsive decision but I enjoyed it... Then I got a hamster and named it Spencer"

"I see, sounds like you've been having fun." She chuckled.
"So, are you gonna tell me your secret?"

"Secret?" you frowned in confusion.

"Yeah, I really wanna know, how you are still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen?" Amelia questioned.
"I'm not kidding, you look really good."

"Aren't you promiscuous when you're not on the job." You giggled.
"Weirdly, I was about to ask you the same question."

"I've always thought you were pretty, but with the job and how we met, it would have been very unprofessional of me and unfair on you," Amelia explained gazing into your eyes.

"It would have been so unprofessional" You murmured getting lost in her diamond blue irises.

"But things change" Amelia mumbled.

"So do people... Three years ago I wouldn't have been ready for your shameless flirting, but times have changed and so have I" you smirked.

"Y'know what would be really, really bad?" Amelia asked flicking your attention from your lips then back up to your eyes.

You were both so entranced by each other, that nothing else mattered.

"What?" you questioned, biting your bottom lip.

"If I kissed you right, even though we've just re-met each other" Amelia murmured.

"Guess what else is super bad?" You asked.

"What?"

"I would like nothing more than for you to kiss me, right here right now" you smiled pushing the food and drink out the way.

Leaning over the table, Amelia finally closed the gap between you two and began kissing you passionately.

It was like pure magic, and for the first time in a long, long time, you felt safe and happy... You always believed your future would be with Spencer, but perhaps there was another path for you to take.

Because with Amelia, you felt at home.

"Y'know I fell in love with you a while ago" you whispered pulling away.

"I know... I fell in love with you too." Amelia smiled.

A/N: For those who wanted another alternate ending but with a different character. Here's the other possibility.