and he feels his heart stop. now that he knows he's in love with you, every single moment just makes sense to him.

"get a room!" sero yells before bursting into laughter.

"izuku she smiled..did you see?" you ask with tears in your eyes.

"i did. i did, y/n." izuku smiles with tears in his eyes as well.

you put your foreheads together and that's when izuku spins you around. you don't think you've ever held him this right and vice versa. again, your classmates cheer and go back to celebrating but when hearing a camera click, you and izuku snap your heads to shoto who looks at his phone before giving you two a thumbs up, a soft, adorable smile on his face.

"i have to tell you something later." izuku whispers in your ear. you look back at him confused before you shrug.

"sure."

---

"it's fine to be running late, but please answer your phones."

side by side, you and izuku stand before a not so happy hound dog, ectoplasm, aizawa and all might.

"we were in such a hurry..we left without our phones." izuku tries his best to explain even though you both know its no use. hound dog is angry at you and whenever he's angry, there's no amount of justifying that'll let you get a pass from his loud scolding. you both get handed your phones and deflate when seeing the amount of missed calls.

"you'll be surprised when you check your missed calls."

izuku has numerous calls from all might, you have numerous calls from aizawa. yes, you have your teachers number. not just you, but the whole class. the result of this? after your incident with stain. aizawa persisted that everybody have a group chat with him in it to not only ensure everyone's safety, but a group chat with everyone in it? he's there to make sure nothing stupid will be said.

"i have a rough idea of what happened from ecto's report." all might says.

you and izuku yelp and jolt back when hound dog steps up to you two, invading your personal space. you're forced to stay still while he spits in your face and scolds you.

"don't think what you two did was 'correct'. you weren't really injured, and in the end, the school festival is continuing. but that's just the result! you're both heroes with a provisional license and u.a students. if you were going to fight, you should've relied on us! we have things we need to protect too!"

"yes sir-"

"nah 'cause what?"

'y/n...' izuku clenches his eyes shut.

"first of all, who knows if you would've gotten there on time?" you raise an eyebrow and cross your arms. "be glad we took the criminal down when we did! scolding us isn't gonna change the fact that we did what any hero would do, save the day."

you suck in your throat when hound dog snaps his head to you, his breath heavy under his muzzle. you felt like a marine with the way your posture was straighter the more hound dog looked like he was ready to bark you out of existence.

"just wait, dog." ectoplasm cuts in. "she's not wrong. lay the kids off a bit."

you lift your chin to assert your non-existent fear while hound dog stares you down. you two have a stare-off, one you'd be dammed to lose. it isn't until he huffs and backs away that you let yourself calm down.

"whatever. it's too early to bicker with a child anyways." he says before walking away. "control your kids, aizawa."

"you don't think i've tried?" aizawa responds back.