Chapter 70: Crisis

Start from the beginning

Liu Ji's words carry a lot of weight, and Zhao Zixun was unwilling to do things too absolute. Tang Shishi was now thinner than when she was not pregnant, and her mental condition did not look very good. If she was forced to abort the baby, it was estimated that the adult would not survive too. Zhao Zixun could not bear it in the end, so he took a step back and said, "For the sake of Liu Gonggong's pleading for you, I'll give you another chance. I'll give you ten days to think about who that man is. If you refuse to say it after ten days, you can't blame me for being merciless."

After Zhao Zixun finished speaking, he glanced at Tang Shishi coldly and said, "Let's go."

The subordinates from the outer courtyard left with Zhao Zixun. Lu Yufei was two steps behind, looking at Tang Shishi, and sighed, "Miss Tang, you are a smart person, don't do stupid things. You can think about it carefully these few days."

After Lu Yufei finished speaking, she glanced at her with a compassionate look and left while holding her hands. In the blink of an eye, the courtyard was empty. However, there were the sounds of guards walking outside, and several gates of the Jianjia courtyard were guarded.

Zhao Zixun was determined to put Tang Shishi under house arrest. Liu Ji deliberately stayed to the end. He also heard the movement at the gates, but Liu Ji did not take it seriously. Taking advantage of no one in the courtyard, Liu Ji walked quickly to Tang Shishi's side and lowered his voice to ask, "Miss Tang, is this child..."

Liu Ji did not finish speaking, but both of them knew what it meant. Tang Shishi was expressionless while staring straight ahead, and said coldly, "No."

Dujuan was startled, and her eyes widened suddenly. Liu Ji's head was hurt by the endless accidents this night. He rubbed his eyebrows vigorously and asked, "Miss, this matter is about your life and death. You can't joke and tease me like this."

"Really not." Tang Shishi smiled lightly. Although she was smiling, it was full of frost. "Wangye has to attend many other important matters every day and has great ambitions. Wangye should continue to worry about his nation's affairs. It's not worthy to trouble Wangye with my trivial matter."

After Tang Shishi finished speaking, without waiting for Liu Ji to reply, she turned around and closed the door in front of Liu Ji. Liu Ji got even more headaches. He originally thought it was, but the imperial physician's diagnosis was not right and even Tang Shishi herself said no. Liu Ji had no idea. He knocked on the back of his head and decided to solve the problem from the starting point.

He wrote a letter to Wangye without delay and left it to Wangye to decide whether it was right or wrong.

At present, the Jianjia courtyard could only get in and not out, and it was surrounded like an iron bucket.

Zhao Zixun was really angry that night. When he calmed down and thought about it, Zhao Zixun did not understand why he was so angry. Tang Shishi was neither a family member of the mansion nor a concubine with status. If she did not abide by the women's morality, then she should be executed directly. Why bother talking with her? It just so happened that he could take this opportunity to clean up a batch of spies, Tang Shishi as well as the beauties sent by the Empress Dowager, and could take this opportunity to kill all of them.

However, Zhao Zixun insisted on asking for the father of the child and also wanted Tang Shishi to have an abortion. Why abortion? The action of abortion itself implied removing the child and leaving the adult behind.

Zhao Zixun could not understand it, or he refused to think deeper. Anyway, the words had already been spoken. Zhao Zixun put aside the doubts comfortably and waited for the results in ten days.

On the ninth day, a message came from the servants who guarded the Jianjia courtyard said that Tang Shishi still stayed behind closed doors, and there was no sign of softening. Zhao Zixun could not sit still anymore. Tang Shishi was such a superficial and vanity type of person. He had never seen her with integrity before. This time, she would not hold on to the end, right?

Because of this incident, Zhao Zixun was restless all day long. By the time it was evening, Zhao Zixun became even more irritable and could hardly even read the book. However, he was so agitated that some people still refused to let him be at peace. After dinner, Lu Yufei carrying a food box knocked on the door of the study room.

Lu Yufei politely put the heat-relieving soup on Zhao Zixun's hand and said, "Shizi, it's already so late, and you're still reading? Shizi is so hardworking that I'm really ashamed."

Zhao Zixun did not want to talk to Lu Yufei at all and did not want to touch that heat-relieving soup even more. Zhao Zixun asked, "What are you doing here?"

Lu Yufei's smile lightly stiffened slightly. She listened to the dowry maid's advice. She deliberately humble herself to please and took the initiative to deliver Zhao Zixun some soup and water tonight. As a result, Zhao Zixun refused to say even a sentence.

Lu Yufei felt wronged and embarrassed. She did not know whether to put the remaining pastries in her hand. She stood in a stalemate for a while and put down the tray in embarrassment, "Shizi is dedicated to learning, and I shouldn't be here to disturb. I'll retire now. By the way, I have one more thing to tell Shizi in advance."

Zhao Zixun endured his impatience and asked, "What's the matter?"

"Tomorrow is the day for the trial of Tang Shishi. Since father is not in the mansion, and there are no other elders in the mansion, it might not be convenient to deal with this kind of thing. Therefore, I invited Madam Xi to come."

Zhao Zixun was stunned for a moment, and was so furious, "You even notified the Xi family? Who allowed you to make your own decision?"