Chapter 69: Exposed

Beginne am Anfang

The round-faced maid quickly picked up the heavy pouch on the table and thought that she would be safe throughout her life. "Miss Feng is really a good person. You will have a good life and a safe life in the future."

Feng Qian slowly smiled and said, "You deserve this. If you have any news in the future, remember to tell me, and the reward will be only a lot more."

"Yay, I can save it!"

Feng Qian smiled as she watched the round-faced maid leave. After the maid walked out of sight, Feng Qian immediately withdrew all her smiles, and sneered, "A short-sighted idiot who is greedy for money. However, this idiot did me a great favor."

Feng Qian walked slowly to the window, broke a red balsam flower, and crushed it bit by bit. The bright red juice dripped from her fingertips, "Things that are too ostentatious are not worthy of living well. You are not as smart as I am, not as intelligent as I am, and also not as tenacious as me. Except for your face, you have nothing better than me. Why is it you?"

The summer night was hard to disappear. The sun has set for a long time, and the air was still hot and dry. The sky slowly turned from blue to dark blue. The hazy twilight enveloped Prince Jing's mansion's lush trees and insects' cries.

Lu Yufei's room was full of brilliance, even though it was already night. Lu Yufei especially changed her clothes and dabbed her face with powder. She held the handkerchief and sat opposite Zhao Zixun, under the flickering light, "Shizi, I did not know you are coming, and did not prepare dinner. Would you like to have something to eat?"

"No need, I've already had dinner." Zhao Zixun did not seem to have the intention to chat with Lu Yufei at all. He did not say much nonsense and went directly to the topic, "I heard that a few days ago, you got into a fight in the garden and still wanted to kill Tang Shishi's fox?"

Zhao Zixun came to her even though today was not the fifteenth day of the month. Lu Yufei was secretly happy, but she did not expect Zhao Zixun to ask about other people. Lu Yufei's smile stagnant a little, and her expression sank, "That's right. Tang Shishi's fox scratched Xi Yunchu, and I couldn't help but seek justice for her. Shizi is so busy studying and practicing martial arts every day that you have no time to set foot in the rear court. Why do you think of asking the fox today?"

Was it the fox or the owner of the fox that Zhao Zixun wanted to ask?

Zhao Zixun did not want to see Lu Yufei at first. When he heard her talking like this, his heart became even more annoyed. Thinking of the gossip he heard a few days ago, he tried his best to be patient with her, "You are a Shizi Consort. You should show the attitude of being a mistress of the mansion, don't catch the small things and lose the big ones and only know to stare at the trivial matter. Furthermore, the second lady of the Xi family is at the marriageable age. If there is nothing important, don't drag her to the mansion all day long."

Zhao Zixun's words were very blunt, and Lu Yu with a gloomy face almost quarreled with him again. Taking into account that it was not easy for the husband and wife to meet once, she reluctantly endured it and said, "I am not a three-year-old child, and naturally know the truth about avoiding suspicion. Shizi, don't worry. I will keep a distance from the Xi family next time."

Zhao Zixun frowned that Lu Yufei was always like this. She clearly did not understand anything, but she pretended to understand. Concerning what he said, she did not understand what Zhao Zixun meant at all.

Zhao Zixun implied that she had less interaction with Xi Yunchu and that Xi Yunchu was not a candidate for a Princess from the start. The closer she was now, the more embarrassing she would be when the truth came to light. On the contrary to expectation, Lu Yufei even helped Xi Yunchu treat the people in the mansion harshly. Zhao Zixun personally came to remind her. However, Lu Yufei believed that she thought the mansion was about to be betrothed with the Xi family, and he wanted to avoid suspicion.