Ch13 - Finally, They Meet

Start from the beginning

"So let's revise again." Percy began, "We are stuck here in the middle of the Earth, for all we know. They have slit my jeans pocket so that riptide cannot resurface. There are no holes in the walls, which is mud, so you cannot blast it with your weird mindy thing, or else, the roof will fall because as I said, we might be in the middle of the Earth, which is, according to you, is not lava.

Ok. Sure, why not? I've seen weirder."

"Right, there are no holes in the wall, still we are able to breath properly which means there has to be some sort of mechanism here." Sophie said, looking carefully around the room, with the light of her goblin star, which was emitting light of it's own. Then she saw something, a tiny silver dot in the edge between the wall and the floor. She quickly dug the soil around it and a small ball like gadget was found.

Percy looking at Sophie's sudden excitement came to see. He looked at the device.

Seeing this, Percy and Sophie started scanning around the room for more of such things, percy with the goblin star and Sophie with her Exillium night vision practise

Seeing this, Percy and Sophie started scanning around the room for more of such things, percy with the goblin star and Sophie with her Exillium night vision practise. Sophie even checked the roof by levitating for a few seconds, then falling, then levitating again. She really would have to work on her skills once she gets back.

Once she gets back. She didn't even know how she would get back, if she would even get back in the first place. 

After what felt like an eternity, but was probably an hour they sat down in the middle of the room, with no other devices found.

"Reminds me of when I searched for Jolie's room for her report on neverseen. " Sophie said.

"Whose room?" Percy asked, sighing, tired after all the squinting and standing. How long was it since he hadn't eaten?

"Jolie. You could say she is my adopted sister, but she died before I was adopted. Murdered, more like, by Brant." She didn't know why she was telling all this to Percy. Maybe for the fact that she has known of Percy and his trustworthiness since she was eight, maybe because he was the only one here, she didn't know.

"Who's Brant? The dude who did that shadowy thing to you?" Percy asked.

"Nah, she's Umber. Brant was Jolie's boyfriend. He's dead now." 

"False boyfriend, you mean." Percy said, he couldn't imagine killing Annabeth, even if she became evil, though that would never happen. And he knew all about abusive significant others, didn't he?

Sophie sighed as if reliving memories. "No, Brant loved Jolie. He genuinely did. But he was a bad guy. Helped the wrong team. Said that Jolie had to join the bad guys too. But she already was with the good guys. The one's who made me. The situation escalated and he killed. He was a pyrokinetic, you know. Like Leo, you could say."

"Made you?" 

"Yeah, I am like an experiment. Tweaked genes." Sophie said waving her hand like it was nothing.

"I guess now I know how I sound when I tell someone about my life." Percy said.

"You bet. You are freaking related to Pegsus. Hey, I have  Alicorn DNA too. We can be the horse siblings." Sophie said. 

Percy laughed. "Horse siblings. Winged flying horse siblings."

"Guess we got sidetracked. I wish Dex was here. Even Leo could be here. Neither of us can tell anything about this device." Sophie said, immediately dampening the mood, though the ice between the two of them had broke. 

"My guess is that everything is worked by this thing." Percy said. 

"Yeah, our breathing, the restriction on the tracker, your water abilities, my telepathy." Percy had tried calling water to him, but it seemed at almost all the water had been removed from the surroundings. It seemed naturally impossible, so her guess was it was artificial too.

"So, what do we do?" Percy asked.

"Blast it." Sophie said.

"And after that?"

"Then I will reach out to Fitz."

"Who?"

"My boyfriend."

 "The blonde one?"

"Who? Keefe? No, the teal eyed one."

"You don't sound too sure."

Sophie sighed, putting her love related worries at the back of her mind. It was getting a really filled space. "We got off the topic." 

Sophie outward channelled the device and blasted it. And in three seconds small balls of fire started falling on them.

Sophie dodged, missing by two centimetres, her heart hammering against her ribcage.

"Guess, we can't wait for your boyfriend now." Percy said, dodging a ball of fire.