5. SOMEBODY LIKE YOU

Začít od začátku

"I've been waiting out there for ten minutes. What's taking so long?" Jimin looks at his date, Kyu-Bong. That's what he claims to go by, anyway.

"I told you I had to use the restroom. You shouldn't just barge in. You should knock first." Jimin doesn't register the fact that he hasn't hung the phone up yet. He holds it to his chest, eyeing Kyu-Bong warily.

"You shouldn't keep people waiting, Jimin. It's rude," he intones.

"You know what else is rude? Catfishing people. How can you show up and be so shameless? Every part of you is a lie," Jimin snaps and his eyebrows furrow in anger. "We're done here. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you're a lost cause and this isn't some charity case." He wants to pass Kyu-Bong and leave the bathroom but his wrist is grabbed and his phone falls to the floor.

"You think you're any better? How do you expect to have a lifelong relationship with this kind of attitude? You're pretty but you're a fucking bitch--"

"Just let me go!" Jimin wrenches his arm out of the man's hand and grabs his phone. He doesn't look back and he storms out of the bathroom, leaving the restaurant.

By the time Jimin makes it to his car, he's soaked from head to toe because of the heavy downpour. He locks his doors and buckles up, swinging his head back frustratedly against the headrest. Matters only seem to get worse when he realizes that his phone screen has been shattered. He tries to turn it on but it doesn't work.

"Fuck!" Jimin tosses his phone into the passenger seat, burying his face in his hands. The rain continues to pitter-patter against the windshield, blurring all that he should be able to see ahead. Ironically, this is exactly what he's been feeling ever since his parents died.

Nothing has ever felt certain. Right now, everything just feels like a gamble. Maybe that's how he does it best. That's the kind of method that he has adopted, at least. But how much longer until he becomes dead weight? A heavy sigh slips from his mouth, into the chilly air of his car. He starts it and he takes off, away from the restaurant, back to his shabby apartment.

-

Walking through the corridors, Jimin feels like a wet mut. His damp feet drag along the carpeted floor sluggishly until he reaches his room. He reaches into his pocket for his key and when he aligns it with the lock, the door moves open slightly. The blond tilts his head to the side, pushing it further, wary.

As soon as he sees the state that it's in, his heart plummets and he feels sick to his stomach. He ventures inward and shuts the door behind him, closing his hand over his mouth in shock. All of the drawers in sight are opened and emptied onto the floor. By the looks of it, someone must've gotten pissed off that they couldn't exactly find anything of value.

Jimin drags his fingers through his wet strands of hair, looking over the state of his room. He crouches down to start cleaning things up but when he remembers the wad of cash he had kept stowed away in a side table drawer, his pulse quickens. He clamors toward his bedroom and to no surprise, the door is wide open. And not only that, but every single thing has been tossed. His whole apartment room has been flipped upside-down.

Eagerly scampering toward the side of his bed, Jimin looks into the drawer, all colour draining from his face. He lowers onto his bed slowly, staring blankly at the dirty floor. Burglary in this place isn't an anomaly, however the blond certainly wished it was. It was only a matter of time before his place was hit. But out of all possible days, why did it have to be now?

"For fuck sakes," Jimin mumbles, getting off of his bed. He packs a few things, some of the essentials and decides to leave his apartment room.

With the affordability definitely comes several downfalls, which for the most part outweighs the good. With each corner turned, he does so cautiously. He can't even count on his fingers how often he thought he'd be involved in a crime investigation, more specifically as the victim.