Bert's fight was pretty interesting. He was so small that the other guys could physically jump over him.I didn't think it was fair, they didn't even seem in the right weight class, but, life it's fair I guess. Sadly Bert lost the fight.

In the quarter finals it was me, Hawk and Miguel all in the semi's with some other kid. Sadly Aisha didn't make it, but you can't win every fight. I saw Sam run off after Aisha stormed away. I knew they had been friends before. Part of me hated Sam's guts and wanted her to stay the hell away from Aisha... the other part of me knew how good of friends they were, and wanted them to make up. 

In the semifinals, it was me, Miguel, Hawk, Robby and another kid. Me, Hawk and Miguel had all tied for points somehow. Which meant that three of us would make it to the finals, that the winner of that would have to fight two people.

"There can be only one true winner, and he- I mean they... is standing on this stage right now" I almost laughed when the announcer realized I was up here "Will it be, Miguel Diaz, from Cobra Kai karate? Will it be Harley Lawrnece from Cobra Kai karate? Will it be Robby Keene, unaffiliated? And last, but certainly not least, last year's champion, fighting out of Topanga Karate, Xander Stone!?"

The guy did a crazy backflip move to charge up the audience, I rolled my eyes. It was a total poser move. He even took the mic from the announcer

"I just wanted to say, even though I love to fight, we all need to fight together, against hatred-"

"Aaaand I'm zoned out" I mumbled over to Miguel

"Right?" Miguel grinned

"What a poser" I muttered

"Yeah but he's won before"

"So what? We got this" I smirked

"... And as I look around this arena. I pray for every race, religion, and gender, that we can all live together in peace. Please join me, in a moment of silence, as we strive to end intolerance in our time"

Okay that was something I could get on with. 

"Hey kick that pansy bitch in the face" my dad whispered to Miguel

I nudged my dad, getting him to shut up. Despite what my dad thought, these were genuine issues. I really need to get him facebook or something.

"Alright!" the announcer had the mic back "First up! Stone versus Diaz!"

They got into the fight right away. I had my fingers crossed the entire time. He had to win, not for my dad or for anyone else, but for himself. He needed that win. I would say the exact same thing for Hawk, but he was pumped cheering more Miguel. Stone was good, but Miguel wanted it more, you could see it in his eyes.

"Focus Diaz!"

A spinning roundhouse to the face and it was 2-1 in favor of Miguel. I clapped so hard my hands hurt. I was so proud of him.

"Offense! Stay on offense!" dad shouted

The guy had a lot of fancy spinning moves that threw Miguel off, but he held strong. I was muttering under my breath, praying to god above that he made it through. Another kick, and Miguel had won.

"Winner!" The ref threw Miguel's hand into the air.

He nodded respectfully, yeah it was definitely me that had taught him that one, sorry dad. We all cheered and clapped, patting Miguel on the back. It was the victory he deserved, but it wasn't over yet. 

The next fight was Hawk versus Robby. That terrified me because Robby was better than Hawk, and I knew it, as much as I loved the crazy ass kid. Robby would win, and I would have to fight either him or Miguel. That I was not looking forward to.