𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 ¹⁸

[ "What now?" she wasn't used to asking the question, it felt weird coming out of her lips knowing that she usually was the one in control of everything and she always knew what to do, but not knowing the answer to it felt right at that moment

[ "What now?" she wasn't used to asking the question, it felt weird coming out of her lips knowing that she usually was the one in control of everything and she always knew what to do, but not knowing the answer to it felt right at that moment. ]

Sunday

If she hadn't known their plan, Abaddon would think that Crowley was going completely mad. After seeing his old Bentley again, without a scratch and looking like new, he ordered a taxi.

He opened the backdoor of it and let the blue-haired demon get in before him. She didn't thank him. The black taxi drove away.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

Crowley leaned on the ice cream stand as he spoke, "A strawberry lolly and a vanilla with a flake, please."

Aziraphale, who was now with them, spoke "How's the car?"

"Not a scratch on it." Crowley paused and asked, "How's the bookshop?"

"Not a smudge, not a book burned." Aziraphale answered, unbothered, "Everything back just the way it was."

"Have you heard from your people?" Abaddon interrupted them, wanting to know what seemed more important to her and getting a head-shake from Crowley.

"Have you?" Aziraphale and the blue-haired demon shook their heads too.

After a pause, Crowley spoke again, "Do you understand what happened yesterday?"

"Well, I understand some of it." Aziraphale answered, "But some of it... Well, it's just a little bit too-"

Death interrupted him, "Ineffable", and with that, he vanished into a cloud of black smoke.

"Oh, that's funny seeing him here. That's meant to be bad luck," the red-haired demon muttered, "it's meant to be bad..."

They turned their heads to look at Aziraphale and he was gone. No longer by their side, he was getting dragged away by a couple of angels, another two blocking the way of the demons so they wouldn't help their friend.

Abaddon took the opportunity when they were leaving and no one was looking at her to shift into her crow form, something she hadn't done in a while, after getting the impression that some demons were around them. And she wasn't wrong, as Crowley ran towards Aziraphale, he was hit with a crowbar on the back of his head by Hastur. It took a few seconds but he fell to unconsciousness.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

Abaddon received the expected call to go and take part in Crowley's trial. Her part was dealt with. Seeing that Satan was gone there was not anyone above her in the hierarchy of Hell, perhaps only demons on the same level as her.

She did get a punishment, of course, just not as tough as she supposed Crowley would. She had no saying in the trial's decisions after what she had done but she could try to guess what would happen.

Abaddon leaned against one of the columns in the sombre room, not even being offered the option to sit with the rest of the demons there. With her arms crossed, she looked around the room. One of the lightbulbs that weren't already burned out was flickering, there was a putrid smell coming from somewhere and the glass that separated the rest of the demons from them was fogging up with the breath of the expectant creatures of Hell. Right in front of the glass, there was a bathtub.

Then, there was a long corridor, as sombre as the room itself, where she could see two demons escorting Crowley to the room she was in. He didn't look at all bothered or terrified of what was going to be done to him. The three of them reached the room and the escorts left Crowley in front of Beelzebub, Hastur and other demons that she didn't know the name of.

Hastur finished listing all of the crimes Crowley was in this trial for, "... and the murderer of a fellow demon, a crime I saw with my own eyes."

"Creatures of Hell," Beelzebub called for their attention, "you have heard the evidence against the demon known as Crowley. What is your verdict?"

The word "guilty" was shouted over and over as the creatures punched the glass, the need to see suffering being the first thing on their minds.

"Do you have anything to say before we take our vengeance on you?" Beelzebub muttered the question, looking bored already.

Crowley looked at them and then turned his head slightly to look at Abaddon for a few seconds just to turn his head back to Beelzebub.

"What is it to be?" he shrugged, "An eternity in the deepest pit?"

Hastur interrupted, "No, we're going to do something even worse. Letting the punishment fit the crime."

Out of the same corridor that Crowley had entered through appeared the angel Michael, a clear jar on his hands, filled with some clear liquid.

The demons gasped and stepped back from the glass wall while Michael poured the holy water into the bathtub.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

A/N: I'm so sorry I couldn't upload this chapter before. Uni work has really been kicking my ass lately. I'll try to be more consistent. And thank you all so much for reading this story.