𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 ¹⁶

[ Abruptly, a bolt of lighting fell from the sky near them from where Gabriel appeared, and beside it, a few seconds later, the floor opened to let out a pit of fire from where Beelzebub rose and it closed until there were no flames left

[ Abruptly, a bolt of lighting fell from the sky near them from where Gabriel appeared, and beside it, a few seconds later, the floor opened to let out a pit of fire from where Beelzebub rose and it closed until there were no flames left. ]

Both the archangel and the demon walked towards the mixed group of humans and deities. Aziraphale straightened up and adjusted his bow tie while Crowley just bowed in a ridiculous manner.

"Lord Beelzebub. What an honor." Abaddon rolled her eyes at his stupidity.

"Abaddon and Crowley, the traitors." the latter frowned as Abaddon didn't flinch knowing that Beelzebub had the same status as her and couldn't boss her around as they did with the other demons, instead, she just held her head even higher.

The red-haired demon kept that frown on his face and shook his head, "That's not a nice word."

"All the other words I have for you are even worse. Where's the boy?" the Lord of the Flies asked and Crowley tilted his head towards the kid.

Beelzebub and Gabriel turned towards him, "That one." the violet-eyed angel pointed at the kid, "Adam Young." he smiled as he walked until he was in front of all the children, "Hi. Young man... Armageddon must... restart. Right now." the kid didn't say a word, just kept listening, "A temporary inconvenience cannot get in the way of the greater good."

"As to what it stands on the way of, that has yet to be decided." Beelzebub spoke next, "But the battle must be decided now, boy. That is... your destiny, it is written. Now start the war."

"You both want to end the world just to see whose gang is best?" the kid was clearly confused, anyone in his position would be.

"Obviously." Gabriel chuckled, "It's the great plan. It's the entire reason for the creation of the Earth."

Beelzebub interrupted him, "Adam, when all this is over, you're going to get to rule the world. Don't you want to rule the world?"

Adam slightly shook his head as the two higher beings kept insisting. Abaddon turned her head as Aziraphale took a step forward.

The angel interrupted them, walking until reaching the kid's side, "Excuse me, you keep talking about the Great Plan." Gabriel told him to shut up but he just ignored him, making both Abaddon and Crowley look at each other with one eyebrow raised, "One thing that I'm not clear on. Is that the Innefflable Plan?"

As Gabriel and Beelzebub kept arguing with Aziraphale, the two demons realized what was going on and whispered at the same time, "They don't know."

And so Abaddon let Crowley walk towards Aziraphale and stand by his side, behind the Antichrist. In the end, it was their plan, Abaddon just was a guest supposed to take part in it.
Gabriel and Beelzebub decided to leave, claiming that the first one had to talk to his superior and that the second one would tell Adam's father about all that was happening.

As they vanished in thin air, the pain in Abaddon's chest rapidly spread to all parts of her body, making her drop to the ground on her knees grunting and closing her eyes. She heard a voice run to her and drop to the floor midway, right before reaching her.

"What's happening? I can feel something." Aziraphale's voice ringed in her ears.

Abaddon struggled to speak while holding herself up on one hand, the other holding her side, "They told his father."

"And his Satanic father is not happy." Crowley's strained voice, closer to her than Aziraphale's one, made her open her eyes. He was the one that ran to her when she fell.

The ground rumbled under them and they struggled to get up on their feet, almost falling midway again. The humans around them also struggled to stay upright.

Between the confusion, she heard Shadwell ask, "What is happening?"

"Well," the angel was the one answering now, "you can call me an old silly, but I think that it looks like the devil is coming, Satan himself."

As Crowley started saying his goodbyes to Aziraphale, the last one started telling him off for giving up so easily. The angel grabbed his fire sword and threatened the demon that he considered his friend.

"You were the one who dragged me into this," Abaddon made them turn their focus to her, but she only looked at Crowley while saying the first part, "I'm not spending eternity with you two." She said the last part almost jokingly but it was mostly true, "Do what you need to do." the blue-haired demon looked straight into his yellow eyes and she saw that glint in them that she wasn't capable of when he was wearing his glasses.

The red-haired demon finally got to his feet and with a grunt at the sky and Aziraphale, Adam, and he disappeared. To the people that stayed on the ground with Abaddon (as well as to her), they were apparently only gone for a few seconds but she knew that they had taken more than that to speak to the kid.

As they came back to Earth and the ground beside them began to crack open, Crowley spoke to Adam, "Do it quickly!"

The ground opened up completely, and from a pit of fire, Satan himself rose and spoke, "Where is my son?"