Shopping

We left the house, Giulia taking the lead, a few bills in her pocket.

"Luca, what size shoe do you wear?"

"Seven."

"Alright. Alberto, you will probably need an eight." I had no idea what she was talking about, so I just nodded.

"Luca, you need tennis shoes, so that you don't mess up your good shoes." I saw a sign up ahead with the words le Scarpe across the top.

"Is that it?" I asked, pointing at the sign.

"Yep." We approached the store and went inside. While Luca and I browsed the many shoes displayed in the store, Giulia walked right up to the clerk and gave him our shoe sizes. The man turned to a door behind him and walked through. Coming out two minutes later with two pairs of shoes. Giulia took them from him and handed me the bigger pair.

"Here, try these on."

"I don't know how." I muttered to Luca, who laughed, and showed me how to put the shoes on. I slipped the shoes on my feet and stood, wiggling my toes in the shoes.

"How do they feel?" The store owner asked

"Strange." he walked over to me, kneeling down, placing a and on my foot. I jerked my foot back, but Luca grabbed my hand, squeezing it. I looked at him and he nodded. I looked down at the store owner, his hands were held up, and he looked at me, a question in his eyes. I took a deep breath, and set my foot back down. He ran his hand across the shoe, putting presure along the sides and on the toe.

"It's perfect." He stood, looking at Luca. "What about you?"

"Perfect." Giulia dug the bils out of her pocket and handed them to the man.

"Grazi." The man nodded, and we left the store. "I Have a few dollars left. You guys want Gellato?"

"Yeah!" Luca and I said in unison. Giulia laughed and we walked next door to the Gelato shop. Ordered three cones, paid, and walked outside with our ice cream.

When we finished our Gelato, Alberto and I stood to leave, but Giulia remained seated.

"What's wrong?"

"I just can't believe you guys are leaving." 

"Hey," I grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "we will always come back, and we will come see you. I promise."

"Yeah, and we'll be back before you leave for school." Giulia nodded, smiling sadly.

"Okay." I put an arm around Lucas shoulders, and the three of us walked off down the street, enoying our last day together.