Forever No More.

Disclaimer: I don't own Vivo (2021) Netflix. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Oneshot about Andes and Marta in the past because I wanted more about these two dammit. Also, it's a song fic.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

"Story of my life, searching for the right
But it keeps avoiding me
Sorrow in my soul 'cause it seems that wrong
Really loves my company"

Marta is rich and Andres is poor.

Marta is there dancing in the ballroom, dressed in a fancy ballroom gown taking the gown of another man stepping to the music's hypnotic beat.

Andres is there watching the woman his heart admired. The witty attitude, the way she's so ahead of their time draws him in.

She's caught his heart. Has he caught hers?

"He's more than a man and this is more than love
The reason that the sky is blue
The clouds are rolling in because I'm gone again
And to him, I just can't be true"

Marta secretly knew the man watched everyone made without seeing his eyes not his own movements towards the dancing woman.

"Mind a little?.." She purred at the stranger, winking seductively. "Dance. I'd like this opportunity."

"Sure, Miss Marta." The man bowed, kissing the woman's hand in his own. "Anything for you, miss Marta. Anything for you."

She hated those three words.

"And I know that he knows I'm unfaithful
And it kills him inside
To know that I am happy with some other guy
I can see him dying"

Andres span the woman into a dip position, eyes tracking the floors as sounds of tapping heels sounded through area he didn't acknowledge.

His eyes chased after Martha's form.

She's there dancing with a man, unhappy expression and looking around wildly until she also finds her way into contact.

He smiled and she smiled in return.

"I don't wanna do this anymore
I don't wanna be the reason why
Every time I walk out the door
I see him die a little more inside"

Marta's name is called, passed along another man as if an object filled with no will if her own. Her cheeks rise a very rosy red leading the partner thinking she is blushing.

They couldn't be more wrong.

"I don't wanna hurt him anymore
I don't wanna take away his life
I don't wanna be a murderer"

Andres tipped his hat to the woman and made casual conversation about life in mansions, the music, it's actually very chilled tonight in these halls.

His heart clenched as he watched Marta dance.

"I feel it in the air as I'm doin' my hair
Preparing for another date
A kiss upon my cheek as he reluctantly
Asks if I'm gonna be out late"

He takes another's hand, swaying them on their feet and lifting them in his shoulders, performing a Kobe outshining the main attraction.

"Andres?"

It attracts Marta's attention. It's all that matters.

"'Cause I know that he knows I'm unfaithful
And it kills him inside
To know that I am happy with some other guy
I can see him dying"

Marta accepted Andres' hand.

Dancing together under the chandelier shining bright and the centre, people watching their movements as if they were one.

They are one. They were together.

"Thank you, my friend."

Andres' smile doesn't meet his eyes.

"I don't wanna do this anymore
I don't wanna be the reason why
Every time I walk out the door
I see him die a little more inside"

Outside on the balcony, both hands are unconsciously holding. Smiling and chatting the night away forgetting their status.

"Marta, you know I enjoy your company."

"And I to you, Andres."

"I don't wanna hurt him anymore
I don't wanna take away his life
I don't wanna be a murderer"

Their glasses clinked.

A poor guitarist and a rich heiress. Polar opposites, peas in a pod when mix matched into the same type of environment.

Andres' kind smile widened.

"Our love, his trust
I might as well take a gun and put it to his head
Get it over with
I don't wanna do this anymore
Whoa, anymore"

Their love can't ever exist. The rich and poor communities are very different people with very different opinions on the other status.

"Andres? I'm glad we're together, my friend."

Thinking conspiracies, through never brave enough to confront their worst enemy. Coward in their own rights, the two people here only meeting once and learning more than meets the eye.

"Me too, Marta, me to."

"And I don't wanna do this anymore
I don't wanna be the reason why
And every time I walk out the door
I see him die a little more inside"

There crowd's cheering downs anymore conversation and snapping the sneaky friends in their rendezvous. Andres gulped the last of his drink.

"Fine wine, Miss Marta."

His heart growls in agony. So much unsaid, so much he wanted uncovered. Alas, there isn't much time since the rich are wanting Marta back into their clutches and claiming her theirs.

She isn't theirs.

"And I don't wanna hurt him anymore
I don't wanna take away his life
I don't wanna be a murderer"

Marta nodded as if only now acknowledging the quiet order. She spares Andres a sad glance, leaning near his ear and whistling chilling words.

"I love you, Mí Musician."

Andres' breath hitches as he catches Marta's wink as she pecked his cheek before walking in as if nothing ever happened like the great actress she is.

I love you to-

"A murderer
No, no, no
Yeah, yeah"

The glass's contends spilled out the balconies and into the abyss below. In the darkness where his dreams of marriage and family are to be buried.

His love for his friend can't exist.

All he has left is time to watch her frown into someone she can be, who he'll support she can be, one of the greatest actresses and music performers anyone has ever seen nor heard.

He just had to be there. It's easy. Watching whilst keeping his feelings in line and will be with Marta in a way different than he envisioned. Besides, there's the future for consideration.

He has time.