Viva La Vida.

Disclaimer: I don't own Vivo (2021) Netflix. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

Every night there is a chill.

"Vivo?" Gabi called softly, could she feel it in the air to. "Are you okay?"

Vivo wanted to answer he wasn't. Someone is haunting him. Something is attached to his soul and they don't want to let go.

No. I don't know.

Instead, he released a cheerful chirp. He'd learned long before Gabi couldn't understand his words, so sound a gestures were a thing to keep an eye out for if needed.

Gabi's voice quieted and Vivo naturally assumed she fell asleep. It is quite late into the night. He doesn't know how late.

One or two in the morning.

Vivo's thoughts dragged him into his own mind, refusing to leave the moment he opened his mind vulnerable enough.

Too tired from sleepiness, Vivo didn't bother fighting the sensation. He wanted to be be in his mind, away from the real world. Andreas' death is coming soon.

By tomorrow, it'll be the first anniversary.

His eyes made contact with another's. (Not so) disturbingly, it's not Gabriella Hernandez, a person and his new owner. It's other worldly.

It's what human called a shadow.

It's eyes never take it's off his form. In the beginning, Vivo outright screamed when he first saw the thing staring down, thinking it a burglar or animal desiring revenge.

Lord knew how many enemies he's made.

Vivo felt the spirit offended at him thinking of God and the opposite of where it could living in the two worlds colliding.

Hell or heaven?

Andres deserves heaven. A kind soul all his life, there isn't a reason heaven shouldn't commit a man who's never sinned.

At least Vivo knows he hasn't sinned.

Andres never explained his whole past. The basics at beast. His family, friends, former lovers, the works, the basics. You get it.

Vivo knew the Andres after their initial first meeting. Heck, Vivo probably hadn't been born by the fine Andeas approached old age.

His heart panted the second time that day. He missed Andres. Missed his melodies, music, singing. He missed Andres. His friend.

His adoptive fathers. And since Andres couldn't understand a word Vivo uttered, he resorted to showing in actions such as helping or assisting in the melodies both loved.

"I love you, Gabi."

It came out as a chirp sound. Gabi didn't understand Vivo's precise words, but the emotions and expression said it all.

"I love you to, Vivo."

Vivo's too lost in his thoughts for Gabi's words to be registered in time. His gaze is held by the shadow's, eyes gleaming as if all they want is Vivo's attention.

For a moment, it's silhouette morphed into someone Vivo had thought long gone. This thing is clearly torturing the poor kinkajou.

Because in that moment, he saw Andres. His eyes fleeting at Gabi's sleeping self. Emotions swirling in those haunting red, blank spaces that should have been eye sockets.