edge of death

When Dani and Anne arrived at the basement, all they heard was a commotion and panicked guardians.,  Ian saw them and ran towards Dani engulfing her into a bone-crushing hug. Anne looked at them blankly causing Ian to break the hug.  Ian looked at them awkwardly then spoke.

"umm sorry but hey Dani! You escaped! How? Where have you been?" Ian said looking at Dani astonished.

Dani chuckled at Ian's reaction before replying.  "Anne helped me to escape. Right Anne?" she said as she looked at her right where Anne was standing.

Anne nodded but rolled her eyes. She shifted her gaze From Dani to Ian before asking.

"Hey Ian, what was the commotion all about?"

"I don't know. The guardians just suddenly panicked and kept running back and forth towards the clinic. Yeah i think iT has something to do with the clinic.." Ian's voice trailed off as he realized it must be connected to LAuren.

Just then, A boy named carlo yelled from the center of the basement, " THE BURNED GIRL IS DYING!"  all the detainees ran towards the clinic to see what is going on, Dani on the other hand shook her head.

"It was not true is it? right? Tell me it was not Lauren!" Dani said as tears started to flow as she shrugged Ian's shoulders.  Ian just looked at the ground and it was enough to make dani bolt right inside the basement into the clinic in two seconds.

But as she reached Lauren's room she saw Kyle and Mark, The two biggest guardians in the basement. blocking the door towards Lauren's room.

"excuse me but i have to go see LAuren! I'm her sister." Dani said sternly but Kyle and Mark just looked at her.

"Relative or not, no one can enter this room. Boss' orders." They said in unison.

Dani clenched her fist in anger. "I don't care about his stupid orders now get out of my way!"

But the guardians did not respond. dani slumped on the floor in frustration as her tears started to flow again. Memories of her and Lauren kept coming back making her tears flow harder.

Just then, the door of Lauren's room burst open as the doctor came out. dani immediately stood up as she looked at the doctor with hope in her eyes.

The doctor avoided her eyes as the doctor spoke. " Time of Death 11:11. We did our best but half of her organs and vitals are damaged. We are sending our deepest condolence." and with that the doctor and the guardians went away..leaving Dani , not believing every word they said.

After some minutes, Luke , IAn and Anne arrived as the two boys hurried towards Dani engulfing her into a big hug.

Dani sobbed at Ian's shoulders as Luke patted her back.

"Shh it's okay. everything is fine. what happened?" Luke said still patting Dani's back.

Dani looked at him and glared. "Yeah right. everything is fine. Lauren is dead. Yeah it is okay. ARE YOU INSANE?? I CAN'T EVER LIVED WITHOUT HER! NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT  EVERYTHING IS FREAKING OKAY? ARE YOU MAD?!? " she said as rage filled her up.

Luke bent his head down as he muttered an apologize on Dani. "im sorry.. i did not know" he said hesitantly.  

But Dani did not respond.  Awkward silence filled the surroundings. Ian decided to break it