Ch.14

5 years later

The trees and flowers stood out so beautifully in the spring. I walked through the garden I grown and picked flowers, putting some in my hair and behind my ear as I scoped out the beautiful scenary.

I spotted a large patch of wild yellow roses and I instantly grew excited. They were my favorite. I skipped to them and plopped down on my butt in a clear spot. 

It felt great to clear my head and have some sort of peace.

Life hasn't been easy since I graduated college a year ago.

For starters, my dad avoided me like the plague. I would call him on special occasions or just to check up on him but he never answered and I never knew where he was. The house I grew up in was sold last year, so he couldn't be there. I haven't seen him for five years. Of course I took that hard. My dad abandoned me. I love him to hell and back and he just left me hanging.

Soon after I settled into Princeton, I realized how diverse it was there. So many people looked down at me because I was black and was going on a academic scholarship. I made absolutely no friends and was left out of everything. I wasn't an equal in class, I was often left out of class discussions and not allowed to speak my opinion. After four years I finally graduated at the top of my class, that sure did surprise a lot of people. I earned my masters in business and marketing and I was truly proud of myself, even if nobody else was.

Now Marcel was a different story. After he left for Seattle nothing was the same again. He would come visit me in college but he would be extremly rude and harsh toward me then really sweet and nice. On my first Christmas break he surprised me with buying us a mansion in Richland and proposing to me. I wasnt expecting it but of course I said yes. Scarlett was more excited than me if that was possible.

After I graduated I moved in officially with Marcel and thought we were starting a new life with each other. A happy life together. But things didn't go as planned.

Marcel turned cold to me. He worked late hours and only came home during the night to have sex with me. He never said anything before or after, just finished and went to sleep. I always ended up feeling used and cry myself to sleep. The sex was no longer 'making love', it was rough and to hard for my liking, often kept me sore for awhile.

He had began to go to the gym more often with Harry. His body was sculpted now more than ever. He had many tattoos that covered his body. Tattoos that he wouldn't even tell me the meaning of.

Today he was on a business trip in England. He had been there for a few weeks now, he only called me twice and those were to ask me to fax him papers that he left in his home office.

I felt so unwanted. By my mother, my dad and now Marcel. I just want to be happy. I just want my Marcel back.

I stood from the flowers and walked back home. The security guards Marcel hired stayed close behind me. I wasn't allowed to leave the house without them. Marcel said something about me staying safe at all times.

I made sure I plucked enough flowers to make beautiful bouquets for the men's wives. Except for Charlie, he was only twenty one and still single. I didn't understand why, he was so adorable with his curly blond hair and dark blue eyes. He had a large, bulky stature and was often very intimidating but he was a big soft teddy bear when he was with me.

If I wasn't so in love with Marcel I would definitely flirt with him.

I walked into the house through the grand front door and walked straight up to our bedroom. I slipped out of my pale blue sundress and my under cloths. I walked into the closet to my side and grabbed my lounge clothes; leggings and my university T-shirt.