Ch.6

I tossed and turned in my bed. I couldn't fall asleep. I was extremely tired but couldn't find any comfortable position.

I even tried the guest bed! That was even worse. I tried the couch downstairs and wanted to cry. So I gave up and settled with a sleepless night.

I looked at the clock, 3:27am it read.

Ugh, I have to be at work at eight.

Suddenly I heard my phone ring. I grabbed it off my nightstand and looked to see who was calling me at this time.

Marcel.

"Hello?" I answered, turning on my lamp and sitting up.

"I was just calling to see how you were doing" he said through the phone

I laughed, "At three in the morning?" I said

He sighed, "I couldnt sleep." He said

I smiled and laid back on my bed, "Me neither."

"Come over-no wait it's too dark. I'll come there. If that's okay" he rushed out nervously.

"Yeah okay. Just let me make sure my dad is gone." I said sitting my phone down and tip toeing into the hallway. I cracked open my dads door and sure enough his bed was made and he was nowhere in sight.

I went back to my room and picked up the phone, "I'll leave the door unlocked and you just come upstairs. Last door on the right. Bring pizza" I said and hung up when he said okay.

I got up out of bed and put on my large batman shirt and shorts. I really didn't want anybody to know I slept naked, that was a secret between me and myself. I threw my brown hair in a slop ontop of my head and laid back down.

Five minutes later my door opened and Marcel walked in with a box of pizza and a duffle bag.

"Hey that was fast" I said sitting up

He smiled at me and sat down on my bed. I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek, making him blush.

"Where's your glasses?" I asked, noticing that he didn't have them on nor was his hair back, again.

"I ordered contacts a few days ago, decided to try them out." He said taking off his shoes and spreading out on my bed.

"Well, you look nice even though I really love your glasses" I shyly smiled and reached for the pizza.

"Why do you talk to me?" He asked, I was just about to bite into my pizza but I looked at him as he laid with his arms crossed behind his head and his eyes closed.

"Because you're a good person. A caring person, even when people do you wrong. I see you tutor the people who beat you up all the time, just so they can graduate. Ive passed by the soup kitchen and see you help to feed the homeless. I can't help but to want to be around a person like you. You're amazing." I said, speaking nothing but the truth.

"Im not that great. I just like to help people. But I know you do too. I see all the charity drives you put on at school, all those bake sales you have to give funds for the needy. I'm not amazing but I can say you are"

I wanted so bad to say 'I love you' but that would scare him. So I just settled with a light kiss on the lips which surely surprised him.

"You are amazing" I whispered above his lips.

I took a big bite of pizza and threw the rest back into the box. I turned off the lamp and laid down.

"Are you going to sleep on top of the covers?" I asked trying to pull the blanket from underneath his heavy body and sadly failing. I was cold and hardly had any.

He laughed and got under the blankets and pulling me to his chest.

I sighed in content and reached up to play with his loose curls. His hair was so soft and silky, perfect.

"Go to prom with me" he whispered in my ear.

I was frozen for a moment. Stunned that he finally asked. I wasn't going to turn him down, he was too perfect in my eyes to say no to.

"Id be happy to" I finally said and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Oh thank God" he said in relief.

"Were you nervous to ask me?" I mumbled against his hairless chest.

His big hand circled my back, "Very."

"I wouldn't have gone with anybody else." I muttered falling asleep.

He kissed the top of my head, "Goodnight love"

----------------------------------------------------

I woke up at exactly six thirty. I wanted to get ready and make Marcel breakfast since he made me lunch yesterday and its just the nice thing to do.

I had to claw my way out of his arms and out of bed. Which wasn't as easy as it sounds.

I took a quick shower and put on my work uniform. I threw the blankets back on Marcel because somehow he keeps throwing them off himself while he sleeps.

I skipped down the stairs and got cooking. I don't usually eat breakfast, so I wasn't sure what food I had stored away for a morning meal.

I pulled out eggs and veggies with sausage patties and English muffins.

I put the patties in the oven and chopped up the vegetables before mixing them with the eggs.

When the eggs were cooked into a perfect circle and the sausage was done, I neatly laid them on the muffins and set the table.

"Morning" I heard a scruffy voice from behind me.

I turned around, "Morning. I made breakfast" I said pouring orange juice into glasses.

"Smells great" he said taking a seat the large wooden table.

*

I cleared the dishes from the table and tucked in my work shirt, "I'm going to work, I'll be back by noon. Are you staying?" I asked as I grabbed my things to leave.

"I just have to pick my brother up from the airport and let him into the house. I'll come back if you want me to" he said standing up and walking with me to the living room.

I didn't know he had a brother. He never talked about him.

I mean, you tell people things like that, right? Maybe not, I've never had friends before so I wouldn't know.

"Oh okay. I'd love to meet him!" I excidenly said taking his hand in mine as we walked to my car. 

"I'm sure you don't.." He said opening up my car door for me.

I looked at him, "What do you mean?" I asked confused.

He signed and rubbed the back if his neck, "He's just not the nicest." He stated.

How was that possible? Marcel was so sweet and so was Marcus, there was really no bad blood if you'd ask me. But I'll take Marcel's word for it.

"Okay, well its up to you" I said smiling, "can I have a kiss before I go?" I asked and watched as he pulled me up by my waist and joined our lips together. I gripped his curly hair in my hand and slightly tugged making him groan and deepen the kiss. I didn't want to but I had to pull away.

"I'll see you later" I said hugging him and getting into may car and driving to work.